Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

fov command

Options
  • 20-03-1999 4:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭

anyone know what the command is for setting the players fov in tribes?...im also looking for a command to set your weapon to centre, like in q2.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 207 ✭✭ChungKing

Hey!

Sunday morning & I'm grabbing a bit of on-line time while the girlfriend is snoozing smile.gif

Dunno about the FOV, but I've heard of people using really wide FOV settings so they can actually see more of the map - like they can see enemies out of the corner of their eye ... would be interesting.

About centring your weapon - why would you need that? Are you using the mouse & keyboard config - ie where you use the mouse to look around & aim and use the keyboard to move? I only ask cos usually the centre weapon is for people who use the keys to look around and need a quick way to look/aim straight ahead.

And if you are - you're doing yourself a big dis-service as IMO the only config for quake/halflife/tribes is mouse on freelook in the one hand and a/d for strafing, w/s for forwards backwards in yer other hand...

Anyway - let me know what you're thinking smile.gif

kinda weird - installed the halflife uplink demo to try out (have played the full game - but this is apparently a full new level) and it's trashed my monitor settings. I re-boot and the screen goes schizo - re-boot again and I have lost my 32-bit colour settings, re-boot a third time & my 32-bit colour settings are there, but the screen resolution is wonky...

Managed to get them back to where they were, but the resolution has my screen a bit squished & after being on the pish last night it's hurting my head ... groan smile.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭Hecate

yes i do use freelook, and have done since i started playing q2 about this time last year. Silly me i know where the fov cmd is now but it looks sh1te at 120...dont bother increasing it.Centering your weapon in q2 increases the accuaracy of your shots and your fps because the machine doesnt have to keep drawing the weapon animations all the time,...still thinking in quake2 terms here smile.gif, there are times when i'm on defense screaming for a Hyperblaster and Railgun smile.gif

[This message has been edited by Hecate (edited 21-03-99).]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 207 ✭✭ChungKing

lol, this weekend i tried out the half-life uplink demo and was on top of a moving crate, being carried over a fence ... I knew that below and to my right one of those bastid commandos was waiting to perforate me so I formulate the plan - jump off the crate, up in the air, look down and rain hell from above with my MP5 ... crate gets over the fence, I jump and ...

wtf? I'm hitting keys that have no effect, I jump a pitiful metre, land facing the wrong direction with the commando stitching his name on my spine ... death/reload....

oh yeah.... i think. No jet pack in half-life....lol

Damn you really miss it! smile.gif

I getcha now about centring your weapon - have to try that - but i don't know how to do it in tribes.

Might see you tonite!

[This message has been edited by ChungKing (edited 22-03-99).]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Adrenfreak

I don't think you can center it in Tribes... but I still have my FOV at 120... it doesn;t look as great, but I'm in it for the view, not the scenery... Does that make sense? smile.gif

Advertisement