Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HMV multiple returns policy

Options
  • 18-07-2004 6:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14,045 ✭✭✭✭

Has anyone else had this prob? I bought some dvds in hmv henry street yesterday - i wanted family guy series 3&4 but because my nephew was starting to freak out (cos he wanted to go to smiths :rolleyes: ) i picked up series 1&2 by mistake. I went back to hmv (without kid) to exchange the dvds today and I was told by mr smug sales boy(who i later realised used to work in the same company as me) that i could only return 1 dvd - "it says on the back of the receipt look" - now the guy was really aburpt with me - I didn't argue or anything when he said it but he was treating me as if i had been screaming and shouting at him...I was going to ask for a manager but i had a headache and didnt feel like having an argument in the shop so i just left it..Has anyone else been in this situatation - does this mean that people should ask for a separate receipt for each item just in case they need to make a "multiple return" ... My bro's friend works in HMV so he said he'll have a word and will get me vouchers for them but since i spend a few €100 in hmv every month i'm a bit annoyed about this!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,995 ✭✭✭✭Stark

They probably have to clamp down on people buying loads of dvds, copying them, then returning them.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,045 ✭✭✭✭tk123

but the ones i was trying to bring back aren't even opened!! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭Xcom2

There is no series 4 of Family Guy!

DOH!!! ur right - i'm getting mixed up with all my box sets...anyhoos the more i think of it the more i want to complain cos he was really rude and was treating me like i'd robbed them or something!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭acid

You spend a few hundred per month in HMV? Are you mad?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭Xcom2

Go Complain!!!!!!!!

If the product's are still sealed there should be no problem as you can't of done anything with them!

G

P.S.
    Shop online! stop impulse buying,there is no reason to give those coyboy's 100 Euro a month!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Originally posted by acid
    You spend a few hundred per month in HMV? Are you mad?

Me thinks something similar.

Take your business elsewhere, you'll save a fortune and get better customer service.

calm down kids - i shop online too!! it's just that hmv always seem to have 3 for €30 etc all the time now and we get bonusbonds in worky...and i only get paid once a month....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

Bearing in mind that HMV don't have to take them back at all I think you are lucky.

two suggestion's:
    1/ bring one back to the shop where you got it and change it, then go to a diferent branch and exchange it saying that it was a present so you don't have a reciept. No guarantees that it'll work but I'd be surprised if it didn't work.
    2/Your nephew has caused you alot of hassle, shoot him!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 gidotcom

HMV are very strict about changing stuff if you dont have a receipt!
    I'm not sure why - especially if the product is still in its plastic.
    They'll easily flog family guy again too.
    I'm only going to shop in places that do exchanges without hassle from now on - errr are there such places?

• Advertisement

It's ok - I got my dad to bring them back and he changed them....He said one of the staff got v.rude with him but another member of staff interrupted her and told her to just exchange them! Next time I got to hmv i'm going to request a separate receipt for each item!! mmmmmmmmwaahahahahahhaaaaa

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

In fairness you can kinda see their point, HMV (and all other shops) are in business to sell, they make money by selling so it's not in their interest to exchange things.

IMO, it's best to try returning something at the start of the month; when you return something it comes of the store's target and mean that the have to sell even more, if you are nearly at your target, you really don't want to start return stock and pushign your target away with only 2 days to make it. If on the other hand someone returns soemthign to you at the start of the month then you have more time to make the money back so it's less hassle for you.

Advertisement