Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Hooking decks up to PC

• 18-07-2004 7:15pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭

I'm having difficulty hooking my 1210's & mixer up to my PC. At the moment I have a 2 phono to 2 phono from my mixer (master out) to my hi-fi (audio in), I bought a 3.5mm stereo jack plug to 2 phono plugs today, the 2 phono plugs are coming from the audio out in my hi-fi and into my PC via line in, when a record is playing no sound is coming out from my PC.
    Can anyone advise/suggest what I should do or what I am doing wrong.

Cheers!!!

SP

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭Ste-

What sound card have you ?
    Are you sure it's in the line in port ?
    Make sure you have the volume turned up. (Yes I know it's silly but it does happen.)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

go to start/programs/accessories/entertainment/volume control

then go to options/properties
    click on the recording radio button, make sure that line in is checked in the list & then click ok.

then click the "select" checkbox below line in

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭Stephen P

It's a built-in sound card. The hi-fi I have has different functions on it, radio/cd/tape & MD (like most hi-fi's), I use MD to hear the music from my decks through the speakers, I'm thinking now that sound isn't put out through audio out when MD is selected, because when the radio is on the sound is coming through the PC. I can get sound coming through the PC when I put the 3.5mm stereo jack plug to 2 phono plugs from the mixers rec out into the line in on the PC. I think thats the only way I can get it to work

Advertisement