Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone anoys me now !

• 18-07-2004 8:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 630 ✭✭✭

Em i have a Vodafone nokia 3200, but i cant use anything on it cause its all vodafone options all over the place.
    Its anoying cause i cant connect too the net on it, even tho i got the settings sent too me it still doesnt work.
    So what was going too do was in tescos now that where i work i wanna get the nokia 3510i there only 89 euros now and i have a discount card so it will be about 79 euros.
    So ill get one off those tbh is this a good deal and is this a good phone and how will i be able put the credit from the new phone into the old sim card i still wanna use or can i reg the phone as an upgrade phone ? :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

you been on the truckers strength pep pills?

I think you lost a few of these .......................

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭robbie1876

Wow, that is the longest sentence I've ever read.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 630 ✭✭✭LastIrishMonkey

I broke it up, I broke it up ! :D now can i get some kinda answer ? ;) and thnx

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭robbie1876

Very good. You can have an answer if you put it in nice paragraphs....

This has got to be a form off bullying :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭BigMoose

It's still not obvious to me exactly what your problem is, but I'll take a guess. Given it's a Voda 3200, but you cant use the VF setup I'm guessing you have non VF SIM in it? The "LIVE" button will just connect to the default GPRS settings, so you can configure that for whatever network you are using.

If you have had correct settings sent to you (e.g. from the nokia web site) and it still doesnt work then I'd guess your SIM isn't provisioned for whatever you are trying to do. Give the network a call to find out. Also check that the GPRS settings you want to use are the active ones.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Originally posted by BigMoose

If you have had correct settings sent to you (e.g. from the nokia web site) and it still doesnt work then I'd guess your SIM isn't provisioned for whatever you are trying to do. Give the network a call to find out. Also check that the GPRS settings you want to use are the active ones.

Ironically enough, the settings sent from the Nokia site for the 3200 are wrong.. Well they were 3 months ago and for the 6 months previous to that...

If you have a Vodafone sim in it, call Vodafone and ask them to ensure you have the correct APNs activated on your account. Also enter the settings manually into your handset. If all this fails, find a friend with a Live phone and test your sim card in their phone... If it works, its a problem with your phone, if it does not work, likely a problem with your sim or network config.

nice 1 thnx :) also is the nokia 3510i a good phone and is it worth 89 euros and i could get 10 euros off it too ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Originally posted by LastIrishMonkey
    nice 1 thnx :) also is the nokia 3510i a good phone and is it worth 89 euros and i could get 10 euros off it too ?

possibly worth the 89 euro but it really depends what you call a good phone.. i personally think its the devils spawn..

Advertisement