Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A bit bemused...

Options
  • 22-03-1999 7:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 207 ✭✭

helloo all smile.gif

Um ... this is all a bit silly, really - I've played with Jade and with Cranky & many others as you know and everyone's pretty cool and know what they are doing - we all love it best when yer on a team that is happening and on the ball. Tribes when played like that is amazing & it's why we're all here, i think.

People get stressed out now and then - some people get grumpy - chose that word cos i don't want to upset Cranky smile.gif - and I myself have been soooooo close to painting tk-ers & certain newbies with mortars, mines whatever. Playing tribes on a bad team (and i dont mean newbies but un-responsive & un-cooperative players) can really be a trial and more than once I've logged out in a crap mood with a head ache & fed up to my eyes.... but the next morning I'm reading these boards and others and it captures my imagination again & I'm itching to get home and logged on!

So, as far as bickering goes - I suggest you go to tribesplayers.com and check out the web boards there - these people go CRAZY! Man, do they get stressed & rip each other to shreds - you can hear the blood pressure boiling. Do take a look - these people come across as rabid dogs smile.gif

This board, on the other hand, has been pretty cool - lots of good advice from Teeth & company, some funny war stories with more to come, i'm sure. We've a good group posting here so why rag on each other? Leave the game fighting to the game and the crazy LOCOS at tribesplayers.com

Anyway, my two bits. Thanks for the nice comments, all; there's still plenty of improvement to make smile.gif

One last note : Comments on this board can easily be mis-interpreted or posts can be made that sound different to my ears than yours. If I have any beef with anyone, I'll express it in the arena fair and square not by ranting here smile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gif

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭Hecate

hehe, simply...they_are_americans, and americans_are_crazy....besides its a much bigger community over there, we're a tiny village in comparison..somthing like comparing Caherdaniel to Dublin smile.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭Dr_Teeth

Yeah, a small village with only one pu- I mean server. smile.gif

Teeth.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭Jaguar

How dare u compare our fair city to
    the middle of bogland.
    Whooops maybe i shouldn't be stereotypical smile.gif

Anyway Chunking as you know TRIBES is only fun when the teams dont even have to ask to get somthing done and thats the way it should be played, but yer always gonna get some tosser who just wants to mess.

I still have yet to play a better game than the first one u and i played as a team, on snowblind i mean it kicked serious BUTT.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 Cranky

ChungKing, you're a serious (albeit lighthearted) sounding person, so allow me to respond in a lighthearted fashion. I chose the name Cranky because it suits my net style. In rl we all have to suffer fools lightly, for whatever reason. Not so on the net! If some idiot does something reprehensible in a game, even one backed with such pleasant boards as this, it is perfectly reasonable to flame the living hell out of that person, one way or another. If
    a mortar does it for you, more power to ya.
    I'm constantly astonished by the misrepresentations of U.S. citizens here on the emerald isle. It often makes me wonder if I'm not in the emerald city, and surrounded by munchkins, not a people with a grand, glorious, and fascinating history.
    When I formed Clan Compliance, in that moment of totally misguided conversation with Jade, I hoped for exactly the sort of teamwork that you describe. I wish you every success; I've
    had it up to here with the false promises of teamwork that I've encountered at IGN. Coordination of thought and effort outside the game is critical to success as a clan within it: I believe you may have what it takes to get that going. If you lose some of those damned stupid smileys.

muppetymuppetymuppetymuppetymuppetymuppetymuppetymuppetymuppetymuppetymuppetymuppetymuppetymuppetymuppetymuppetymuppetymuppetymuppetymuppety muppetymuppetymuppetymuppetymuppetymuppetymuppetymuppetymuppetymuppetymuppetymuppetymuppetymuppetymuppetymuppetymuppety

• Advertisement

muppetymuppetymuppetymuppetymuppetymuppetymuppetymuppetymuppetymuppetymuppetymuppetymuppetymuppetymuppetymuppetymuppetymuppetymuppetymuppety muppetymuppetymuppetymuppetymuppetymuppetymuppetymuppetymuppetymuppetymuppetymuppetymuppetymuppetymuppetymuppetymuppety

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Whatever your feelings to someone else, DONT SPAM THE BOARDS.

Unless you like looking at getting banned :/

As for US people, the majority don't even realise that the rest of the world exists or that people actually speak another language.

No wait hang on Spanish (Mexican) and French (Canadian) is about the level they are at.

Just calling the cesspool of a country the "emerald isle" proves your American smile.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭YuM

Oi Hobbit,

Tiz the only cesspool I got...

Orish n' Happy !!

YuM

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement