Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

which GFX is better????

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭VeVeX

From what i've read people like to go with Sapphire if they are going to try flash the card to XT speeds. Apparently the recent Sapphire 128mb 9800 Pro's have been made using the r360 core, which is the same core the 9800XT is made from.

Haven't read anything about the MSI one.

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭davkav

yeah strongly thinkin of goin for the saphire its reviews are brill 5stars everywhere the msi hasnt even got a users rating

My brother ordered the Saphire one last night. As you said, all of the reviews are quite good for it. Its very cheap too!

right im off to order my gFX Card gonna get the sapphire tis my best bet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭-ADREN-

Hope to christ mine has the r360 core, ordered mine last wednesday, but the order is still pending, meaning that they probably havent taken the card from there stroes yet, so alls hoping I get one of the r360 cores.

• Advertisement

Where'd you order from, out of interest?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭-ADREN-

• Registered Users Posts: 2,754 ✭✭✭Col_Loki

Jes computer has the sapphires for €190 . The MSI one on jes has also been reported to have an R360 core ( a guy bought one a couple of days ago and flashed to 9800XT with no probs)..........

He saw them on Jes but didnt want to use GLS because of the horrid reputation on the komplett board. We ordered a few small bits and split the DHL charge so it didnt work out too expensive for delivery anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,312 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

So has anyone actually modded a Sapphire to an XT? I may be buying one soon and was advised to go for the MSI one as it modded to an XT but now I've read that the Sapphire is also mod-able:dunno:. So I would be better of going for the cheaper Sapphire and trying to mod that wouldn't I? It seems I stand an equal chance with either :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

most 9800pros are rebadge sapphire's which are designed from the reference model set out by ati.

any difference in the cards are going to be minimal.

i would stick to the big named brands when overclocking to XT speeds. powercolor not being the best and saphire and msi being up near the top

ordered my sapphire 9800 pro from komplett last night (couldnt be arsed setting up a new account) has left there stores and all already just checked it there, so heres hoping tomorrow or wednesday but knowing GLS could be next month lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭Jammer

one should be DHL'd 2morro

Originally posted by Jammer
    one should be DHL'd 2morro

but i used GLS

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

I got a sapphire 9800 pro from Komplett last month ... R350 core :/

Originally posted by VeVeX
    Where'd you order from, out of interest?

Komplett with GLS. Just checked the tracking status there would you believe they sent it to the wrong place so probably wont get it till tomorrow. i just want to know what core i got!

My core was R360, and the card is now an XT!

Originally posted by Jammer
    My core was R360, and the card is now an XT!

did you get your card from komplett and when?

yeah, got it day before yesterday.

I ordered it on saturday (DHL!) and got it tuesday. Check out the thread in Tweaking/Modding main forum.

ah how cool is dat GLS jsut after droppin my card off there i shall be back in a few to post what core

• Advertisement

check the other thread for a way to do it without removing the HSF! Good luck!

ah have my artic cooler to put on anyway its an 360 wohoo... hynix ram aswell i shall be flashing it presently. heres the pic anyway.

Advertisement