Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Re: Man Utd Fans Thread

• 18-07-2004 10:15pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭

[rant]
    Wasn't it these kind of threads that caused all the problems within this forum in the first place? Mass generalisations and slagging that has no place or basis in the reality that we live in.

The fact of the matter is that if you look over the last 10-15 years Man Utd have undoubtedly been the best team in England, they have been the most successful both in terms of domestic competition and european competition. As an ardent and real* Utd fan I get sick of so-called "football fans" who gladly drop their support for the their own team in order to cheer on whatever team happens to be playing against Utd on that given day.

Now I know that some of this hatred - for want of a better word - is brought on by the stupid attitude of certain football fans who proclaim to follow Utd and who all seem to suffer from long-term memory loss when it comes to remembering anything before the '90's and some of them have short term memory loss when it comes to the last few seasons, but that still doesn't excuse other teams fans from bringing themselves down to the same level of these pseudo fans who know very little about football.

The fact is that real football fans respect real football, regardless of who is playing it, and while we all wish it was our team that was winning everything in site we are moore than capable of putting our hands up and giving credit to other sides. At the moment Arsenal are the form team in the country, the team to beat. I won't be supporting every team that plays them, just Utd and hoping that we can do enough to overthrow them at the top. I don't see how that makes me a sucker anymore than you for supporting your team.

Posts like these don't really add anything to the forum or community and only serve to further perpetrate the antagonism between rival teams fans [/rant]

fair play to gandalf for the prompt action which caught me in mid-post but I would still like to highlight my opinions on the subject.

Gandalf if you need to close this thread as well I'll understand, just wanted to get my point across...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

TBH I am sick of that kind of sh!te, its one of the reasons that the soccer forum got restricted. I do not mind some banter when its intelligent etc. I am an Arsenal fan and eventhough it hurts I have to admit United have had a great 15 years and have played some great football in that time.

I have noticed crap like what appeared in Big Ear's post start to creep in here again. Let me tell you now, if I see anyone doing it I will come down on them like a ton of bricks.

I will leave this thread open for now as long as its an intelligent discussion and doens't descent into a "x" team sucks or people who support "y" are morons etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Are you even sure it was Big Ears? It was as obvious a troll as I've seen here...the sort of thing an idiot newbie would be guilty of.

Mike.

Well it was his account so unless he was stupid enough to leave his login details in a net cafe PC it was him. Considering he has been banned from another forum in the last few days maybe he is doing a "Par".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,312 ✭✭✭mr_angry

I certainly think its a step in the wrong direction anyway.

Down with this sort of thing!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 427 ✭✭Dewey

I'm glad Big Ears is banned if he is just going to post stupid comments like that.
    i'm a United fan and i have no problem in saying Arsenal were by far the better team last season, i mean come on......they went the hole season UNBEATEN. That is some accivement. I cant wait for next season to see if United can re-claim the Premiership from the Gunners. But its annoying to here people slag off each other fans and teams and its something that the Soccer Forum doesnt need.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

Can **** like that not just be deleted?

**** like that shouldn't even be posted. Do you really think that we should spend all day clearing up after you lot as if you were a pack of toddlers. I have better things to be doing with my free time as do all the other mods.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭sikes

Originally posted by gandalf
    ...clearing up after you lot as if you were a pack of toddlers.

in all fairness its a very small number of people that do this. i do agree that you shouldn't have to clear up after these few people but we are not all at it.

Sorry dying with flu here so I am grumpy !!

Advertisement