Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IOLBB usage error?

• 18-07-2004 11:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 24

Since I got IOLBB (6 days ago) I've kept note of every file I've downloaded (downloaded all into one folder) and so far it reads 1.10GB. However, when I went to IOL's usage calculator, it says that I've downloaded 2.02GB!
    Besides downloading, I've played a few games of CoD and CS, and done some surfing. And as it's really just me that has been on it, I'm pretty damn sure that that is all that has been downloaded.

Surely playing online games and surfing can't account for the ~900MB difference??
    And if it's a case of IOL getting it wrong, what right do I have to tell them that they are wrong? More importantly, can they just dismiss my accusation??

I know this can't compare to you guys up on 17GB, but I don't want to get screwed by these guys!

[Also, in the FAQon their site, it says that its 8GB upload/download data transfer, does this mean that as long as my uploaded and downloaded added together remain below 16GB, I'm below the limit or is it 8GB for each?]

Thanks for any help you can give me!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

It's for each (7 up and 7 down is not breaking your cap) get DUMeter if you want to measure your bandwidth usage.

Advertisement