Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ah, so this is where u all hide!

Options
  • 22-03-1999 11:48am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 159 ✭✭

'ello,

Blimey - all the regulars here then smile.gif

I noted the long discussions on heavies. Well, naturally - they are the class that requires the most skill to work with properly smile.gif

And as for 'defending' themselves, the Brit patented mortar chucking technique (I think most of you have experienced the end of this) is now used the world over to destroy pesky lights and snipers who dare try and stop us from achieving the objective.

Mind you - for the ultimate heavy experience, simply refer to Sat' nights games when Dr.Teeth piloted myself, CC Jade, CC Tool and Superfly into the nme base, time and time again. Thats what? 80 mortars? yup - pure carnage smile.gif

I'll be seeing you lot around no doubt...

--Brit--

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭YuM

oops flashbacks of Sat night !!!

What escaped me is I could see ya's coming, I was yellin me head off ! and what does everyone do ... run around like headless chickens....

tip 11. Shoot big slow HPC full of heavies before thay land on your base !!

keep em on the ground shootin up !! with only 20 ammo & no repair / shield packs they'll soon go away smile.gif

It's all a game .. i HOPE !

yUm

PS. AND YES i'M bored in work today...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭Dr_Teeth

Ah no, Brit found us. smile.gif Well my board is snazzier than your board, so nyah!! tongue.gif

Anyways, welcome! I hope more of the other 'regulars' find us here - like that lad Sherpa, he's a bit good!

Saturday was such fun. We *knew* we were going to win, so we just had a laugh instead, getting as many heavies as possible to bale into an APC and charge at the other base, mortars blazin'. smile.gif However, the level before that, Rollercoaster, was just hilarious!!

A few things:

1. If you've got a decent pilot, and the LZ is clear, then let him land and THEN get off.
    A few of the heavies boosted off before I landed last night and ended up falling off Scarabae base, which is a BAD thing. smile.gif

2. Don't bother firing mortars from a moving APC. You're just going to miss, unless the target area is huge (liking you're trying to scare a light guy off the whole Scarabae roof) Firing like that also gives away your position, and makes all my nifty terrain-hugging pilot skillz go to waste. smile.gif

3. If you're bringing along an INV Station for a prolonged siege on Scarabae, deploy it in a 'secret' place (NOT the back balcony!) One such is just around the corner by the resupply station in the gen room. (make sure it doesn't have LOS to the rest of the room, or it'll be dead as soon as the mortars start flying).

4. Taking and holding the gen room as a heavy is REALLY evil. Sherpa did that do me last week and it took me four lives to bring him down as he had an INV Station hidden in there for resupplies. If a heavy *is* holding the gen room, the secret is to get in there without getting fried - the room itself is large enough for you to maneouver as a light and have a small chance - the corridors just outside the gen room are death for light guys.

I'm starting to learn the ways of the Heavy, though I'm still not a fan. Dropping mortars by lights as they land is fun though, has to be said. smile.gif Mortar jumping is erm, hard. I can do it on Stonehenge, as there's a nice vertical face to guide you, but doing it effectively on Broadside is difficult to do consistently.

Teeth.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Adrenfreak

Hello there all... Avid Tribes player and writer here, just roaming the boards... I know Brit, from P-T, but where do y'all play? I've seen superfly around but none of you others...

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭YuM

We knock each other silly at TRIBES.IGN.IE:28001 smile.gif

Muppetry slowly dying down again !!!

YuM

• Closed Accounts Posts: 207 ✭✭ChungKing

Hey Adrenfreak - note this server is located in ireland so unless you are in the UK or ireland you might suffer some purdy bad lag...

otherwise - be cool to see some new faces smile.gif

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 745 ✭✭✭SeP

ahh lag shouldnt be that bad
    ive played on UK (which are terrible for quake/2) and american (which are LOL for q/q2 ) so u might be ok smile.gif

/me runs in fear orf whiney americans hobbes knows from boards smile.gif

Advertisement