Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

stuff..

Options
  • 23-03-1999 11:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭

Hi all, my tribe still has no name. smile.gif But it has members..

Dr. Teeth
    Ehldas
    Dupre
    Fiend
    Feelgood
    Vaggabond
    Jade
    Jaguar
    Chungking
    Shinji Kun

Brit, if you're interested, drop me a line - that goes for everyone else. This is an IRISH Tribe, our home-base will be the IGN Server, and hopefully a non-public training server on IGN also. I'd say most of the matches we play will be on that server, or Barrysworld - so if you're interested in joining, make sure you have good connections to both.

As soon as membership is sorted, we'll start on getting some resources like a website up.

As for the closed threads - I'll nail any discussion that involves people being insulting to each other, or talking about daft off-topic stuff like which country is better. Take that stuff to email. This is the Tribes board. smile.gif

Teeth.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,687 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

Is there a standard yet as to how many play in team games?

Our team is potentially a bit good init smile.gif

what kinda name we lookin for, gaeilge or baerla

[???]Vaggabond

• Closed Accounts Posts: 207 ✭✭ChungKing

Be nice to get back to the business of talking about tribes!!

Btw, dr_teeth - checked out your homepage -pretty cool smile.gif didn't know you were a trinners-head like myself a few years ago (not too many now)

did BESS myself & hated every minute of it (the course, not the college) so I got into computer programming right out of college. Anyway, you & yer friends have some good links!

This tribe is looking class. I'm not a web coder, but if I can help out in any way let me know...

cheers,

CK

• Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭Jade

Sorry about Crankys abuse on the boards Teeth. I feel guilty because I am the one who gave him tribes in the first place. I think he just went power hungry.

I seriously think the only way to stop his immature moaning is to revmove his username from the boards, maybe that will slow him down.

Anyway, I'm sorry.

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭YuM

Sheesh if ye lot go off practising there will be no-one to play ;(

YuM

• Closed Accounts Posts: 207 ✭✭ChungKing

While i'm keen to get practicing as a team & playing other tribes, somehow i think you might catch us publicly for a while yet YuM smile.gif

see ya in my sights!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭Dr_Teeth

*shudder* that page is ancient! Sigh. I used to be mad into web design, must have a go of photoshop and pico again.

Teeth.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

To answer Vaga's question. 10-20 players per tribe.

Long gone is the 5 a sides smile.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

About 10-15 seems a goodly number, means everyone should get a run-out....

That should be a rather good international-standard Tribe, IMO. Some classy players in there... and that's not counting me the hapless newbie, by the way... ^_^

Mata ne!
    Rob

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭Jaguar

I would also like to apologize for my own outburst of flooding. And thanks for accepting me into the clan. I still want experience with web page design so just let me know and im there.

Possible name "Tribe Furies"
    The furies are from greek mythology and saw to it that the bad people didnt go unpunished.

[This message has been edited by Jaguar (edited 23-03-99).]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

Hmm.... if we're going all mythological, why not do it properly, with Irish mythology? You've got all sorts of interesting stuff back there that makes for cool names:

The Tuatha De Dannan, a mythical race of demigods who first settled Ireland;

or how about the Firbolgs, their mortal enemies, who defeated them and became High Kings of Ireland?

The Red Branch Knights, Laochra an Craobh Rua, were the defenders of Ulster at the time of King Conchobar Mac Neasa and Cu Chulainn, who ruled from Eamhain Mhacha.

Actually, "Red Branch Knights" would be a cool name for a tribe... or "Tribe Craobh Rua", to confuse the furriners... You could call your homepage "Eamhain Mhacha".... ^_^

BTW the Furies were all female, ne?

Mata ne!
    Rob

• Advertisement
Advertisement