Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

computer security enthusiast meeting - novice to pro

• 18-07-2004 6:11pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭

Right anyone interested in going to the topic subject?
    It's not being run by me
    All techies welcome regardless of skill, (even IT students.)

More details will follow if anyone is interested.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 277 ✭✭trixter

can you describe the format a little? Is ths a lecture? roundtable discussion (where everyone shows up and just talks about current events, or simmilar) or something else?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Fobia

Roundtable discussion.

tekkit

I would be interested in going, when is it? Hopefully my calendar is clear :)

The organisers havent decided on a date yet, but once there are 3-4 people definite and another 2-3 interested then they will set a date and hope that a few see the announcement and come along on the day.

Fobia

I am interested, however I dont know if I can make it without knowing when it is. I will keep watching this thread to see if a time is posted.

Hopefully there are others that are also interested.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,628 ✭✭✭Asok

This has what to do with galwaylan?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,572 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

Get thee to Comp -> Security.

What the devil did you hope to achieve with this in GalwayLan?

/me shrugs

It's in galway, thought some of ye galwaylanners might be interested s'all, most of you don't browse computers -security boards.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,628 ✭✭✭Asok

Originally posted by Fobia
    /me shrugs

It's in galway, thought some of ye galwaylanners might be interested s'all, most of you don't browse computers -security boards.

And you know all our browsing habbits from what research?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭ozt9vdujny3srf

Originally posted by Fobia
    /me shrugs

You may as well have posted it in feedback if you wanted more people to read it...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,572 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

Also. why Galwaylan over Soc -> Regional -> West as a way of targeting occupants of this foul City of the Tribes?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Moving Thread to Comp->Security

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 919 ✭✭✭timeout

I'd like to go to this.

Any dates or times yet?

Timeout

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,567 ✭✭✭Martyr

What did you all think about the last issue of phrack?
    I reckon it was pretty average, but I haven't read it.
    Only because there is nothing original in it.
    Just think..maybe they should wait a bit longer before releasing something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭theciscokid

are we reading the same phrack?

the latest phrack has some good stuff in it, windows kernel stuff, intro to radio, etc.

Advertisement