Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Check out this informative thread ...

Options
  • 24-03-1999 10:54am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 207 ✭✭

First of all - I know teeth & Brit have been slagging a bit about the message boards, so this isn't to encourage defections to brit's or a ranting match - I plan on sticking around here (it's kinda that feeling that it's 'our' tribing community - ya know wot i mean??).

But it is worth keeping in mind that tribes has been out in the US since november & there is a much larger community there at this point, and many more experienced players, so I keep an eye on the things they are saying & it seems they have a good batch of US players hanging around brit's. One can learn a lot...

Anyway, basically, the thread is about very experienced players talking about the different 'phases' or roles they have played over the last few months since tribes came out in the US. Defender, sniper, saboteur. Quite informative.

well - the thread is at www.planet-tribes.com, under the topic starsiege : tribes \ Phases and types of players (long).

Also - I plan on grabbing a bunch of the demos that have been posted around to see if I can pick up some pointers ... a lot of the PTT guys seem to spend a fair amount of time checking these out & learning from them.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 159 ✭✭Brit

Hehe - we've been 'slagging' ?? nah.. just a few friendly jibes. But he started it. 'onestlyorronnor..

Tribes has indeed been going for a long time (in gaming terms) in the US, and its true to say that 80% of our visitors are from the states. However, its good to 'feed off each other' - as most newbies need all the help they can get smile.gif

As for the demos; there are a few PTT members who have turned themselves into demo-factories, churning them out at an astonishing rate. However, the new PT site (launched this Friday night) will include the top ten best ones for your delictation.

--Brit--

• Registered Users Posts: 6,687 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

I wonder does it really do any good to just watch a demo for 30 mins whan you counld be playing ?????

Brent, we r just getting our own back for 800 plus years of oppression wink.gif

We should start doing a few demos ourselfs - does it slow down game play at all ? Get a name for our new clan on the web (hint brit smile.gif)

chung I read that last night b4 I logged off - I will wait till it grow's and then just print it off and read it on the bus home smile.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

YES WATCH THE DEMOS...

If you look at the demos you get with the game you see some tactics that everyone should learn..

One particular demo shows Symlink doing a Paint-mortor tag team conversation with record speed. Watch that, and a learn.

Advertisement