Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ethernet problem

• 19-07-2004 10:50am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭

Ive just reinstalled and formatted my pc. Tryed to connect to iolbb using ethernet connection as before, but it just wont connect, i dont know if i have to installl anything or set up anything to get it working. I ended up connecting via USB. Is there any disadvantage to using the USB connection over the Ethernet connection?
    Anyone know what i have to do to get it working via ethernet again?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 520 ✭✭✭frodi

Had the same problem myself. My cure. Un-install modem & software. Re-boot computer. Leave modem turned off. Re-install software and when it asks you to connect modem to computer turn it on but leave usb unplugged. It should then find the modem via the ethernet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭L5

Thanks for that, might try it. USB seems to be working fine though!, is there any advantages to using Ethernet over USB? I have usb2.0 by the way

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 520 ✭✭✭frodi

I was told by eircon support that USB driver tend to get easily corrupted. In my case I need the usb for other bits n pieces.

Advertisement