Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Maps & Timelimits ...Suggestions please

Options
  • 24-03-1999 10:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭

Is an Hour too long? (tiz if your getting ur ass whipped) 45 mins anyone!

Where did that nice snowy map with the dropship in the middle go ?

The odd diversion from CTF would be nice..

YuM

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,687 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

we need 2 or more servers

one on ctf and another doing the rest (D&D, C&H ect)

I all depends on the game

Last night when it was 3-3 and we won in the last minute...I could have played all night smile.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 159 ✭✭Brit

Well, 45 minutes is a good time limit, although when its on one of those extraordinarily **** maps (like the one with the three ships miles up in the air on, and if you fall off you can't get back up so have to suicide) it seems to me that 15 seconds is best.

CTF does get a little tedious, but then on the flip side, at least the maps are reasonable. My experience is that as soon as you get onto a D+D or F+R map, the map size trebles, the number of 'towers' dwindles to around 3, and you spend hours on end trudging along for no reason.

Whats needed is a set of really fast paced tactically appealing maps with some thought about design and play. Rather than the hideous user-made behemoths that seem to be cropping up now.

--Brit--

• Registered Users Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭Hecate

yeh theres this map, bloody vengance i think. It has two big mothers of fortresses facing each other across a huge canyon, none of your floating buildings here...mounting an attack is like laying siege to a medieval castle or somthing like that..with spinfusors coming down from the ramparts instead of boiling oil (although that would be nice smile.gif. You know you want it.

[This message has been edited by Hecate (edited 24-03-99).]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

BRIT!!!

HOW DARE YOU SLAG OFF SKYJACK, THE BEST C&H MAP OF ALL TIME EVER?????!!!!!!

Erm.... well.... it is rather good actually. Can we have it please? smile.gif

Mata ne!
    Rob

• Closed Accounts Posts: 207 ✭✭ChungKing

I actually like skyjack too, tho those maps are more for 'fun', pseudo-deathmatch style games. I think CTF maps require much more team-work & are generally harder ...

Tunnel-rats (or tunnels or whatever the map is called) is class for a heavy cos you can slip outa the base & ski/skate over to the central entrance to the tunnels in near-zero-time; it's where i first learned how to ski ;

In that map if you capture the objective - defending is class cos they keep on coming & you can keep shutting them down & if they have actually captured it i love breaking their hearts & taking it away from them smile.gif

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 207 ✭✭ChungKing

btw - i think 45 mins for maps like rollercoaster would be tops - the stalemates that happen on that map are from hell ... it's a shame to lower the times on maps like scarabrae, but if it makes rollercoaster more bearable (cos it's impossible for votes to change the map to pass successfully) then that would be good

• Closed Accounts Posts: 159 ✭✭Brit

No - I stand by every utterance... Skyjack (thankyou for reminding me of the name) is the worst map ever - surpassing even Citadels. I have never left a server so quickly as when I see Skyjack on it.* I'd rather sit down to a super-Omnibus of the Vanessa show than play anything more than .5 seconds on that map. I don't like it at all smile.gif

My favourite map is Anthill - that frankly rocks. The teamwork required to secure and hold the central tower thing is amazing. I played on one of the US East Coast servers about a fortnight ago, and it was one of the best games I've ever had. So, more Anthill smile.gif

--Brit--

*Appalling grammar I'm sure you'll agree, but speak to my teachers, don't have a go at me... (Rhyme of the day - please excuse)

Advertisement