Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Analysing my app

Options
  • 19-07-2004 11:47am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 17

Hi,
    I'm writing an app at the moment which is pretty large with loads different classes, libraries etc. A lot of the code is algorithms i put together on the fly, and while they work, they probably aren't the most efficient way of doing things. So what I'd like to be able to do is to see how much time the running app spends in each function or even class, so that I can see which areas I would get the most benefit from by re-writing.
    It's basically a C++ project, also using OpenGL, and I'm using .NET to write it. I guess I could put a counter in each function to see how many times it was accessed but this seems like overkill, cause there's a lot of functions!!
    Anyway, does this make sense, and if so, any ideas would be appreciated!.
    Thanks,
    Bostitch.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,150 ✭✭✭dazberry

Haven't used this myself - (the product I use myself is pure Win32 - and discontinued) - but this might be useful:

http://www.automatedqa.com/products/aqnet.asp

D.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,481 ✭✭✭satchmo

Are you using Visual Studio, and if so have you tried using the profiler? It'll do exactly what you want, although I'm not sure what the story is with .NET.

Advertisement