Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

A new virus ive never gotten before

• 19-07-2004 12:30pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,463 ✭✭✭

For the past couple of day ive been getting an e-mail from this e-mail address

[EDIT]E-mail address deleted. Irrelevant to the problem. ecksor[/EDIT]

attached to this e-mail is the Win32/Spaces.1445.A virus, now if it was coming in from a load of e-mail addresses i wouldnt mind so much my anti virus picks it up and deletes it, but its coming in from that e-mail address only, so it seems its a deliberate attack by someone

Who do i report it to if anyone and what can be done about it

Shin

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,513 ✭✭✭Sleipnir

It's probably not a deliberate attack, most likely they have the virus which is sending out copies of itself but the user doesn't know about it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,942 ✭✭✭Mac daddy

time to get yourself some kind of mailwasher- ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 372 ✭✭cerbeus

try sending them an email stating that they are infected with a virus and that you have received an email from them with it.

Chances are the virus is using their address book to send itself and is sending itself to more than just you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,942 ✭✭✭Mac daddy

There is a new variant of mydoom on the net now causing this problem we had it yesterday. symantech are working on it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,264 ✭✭✭RicardoSmith

I'm using AVG and Outlook Express. AVG is catching all of these for me. A lot of the emails with Virus attachments seem to be coming from valid email addreses, from places where I know people, even though the email isn't from anyone I know. Personally I delete all emails where I don't know the name.

• Advertisement
Advertisement