Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

phone bills :( league table

Options
  • 24-03-1999 3:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,687 ✭✭✭

Right, Following on from something chung just said lets start a phone bills league table to stun all the yanks with their free access...*spit*....er I mean...*drool*

I have a dedicated internet phone line....

Last month my bill was £178........

I recon this month I recon I have been on 25 - 30 per cent more

so starting off £178 internet phone bill

BEAT THAT (please smile.gif)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Oh please... when I was back in Ireland I'd get that price on a good day.

Go online more smile.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 6,687 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

BTW I have a 128k lease line in work 5 days a week - monday to friday 8am till 7 pm and it takes me 1.5 - 2 hrs to get home so thats a price starting online at 8 - 9 during the week smile.gif(3 hrs plus m-f - lots more sat/sun)

vagga (with a little more respect smile.gif)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭Hecate

christ i thought i was bad with my £50 bill sad.gif...ah well nothing to be ashamed of, more money for emmm, other stuff smile.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

I racked up £600 in two months last summer.

Average bill is £250 per billing period.

Now beat that! smile.gif

(Lucky I get it back on expenses, eh? tongue.gif)

mata ne!
    Rob

• Closed Accounts Posts: 207 ✭✭ChungKing

I average about 280 but my little sis lives with me & uses the internet to talk to all her buddies in the states - tho not too much recently smile.gif

In fact, if it weren't for the fact that (a) i have a girlfriend, (b) i _do_ actually go to the pub from time to time, (c) i watch no tv at all, and (d) I can make fun of her watching tv shows like Moesha (she has a masters degree & is not a teenager) I would have absolutely no defense against the dreaded words 'Mark, you are _such_ a geek'
    smile.gif

I also remember a 500+ phone bill last summer when she would spend all day on the net during working hours (instead of studying - damn students). She sent me an email complaining i hadn't given her 100 quid i owed her & i received it as i was staring down in disbelief at the phone bill ... she sure got an ear-full that day!

And hey - why don't you telecom guys make yourselves useful & instead of flaming each other sort out some serious discounts for all of us on the cloud boards!!!! smile.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭YuM

Don't even talk about it!

I feel like I'm working for Telecom.... instead of just donating to their huge staff payouts..

YuM

Advertisement