Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

E5.60 for a pint in The Vaults D1

• 19-07-2004 1:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 45

Is this the most expensive pint in dublin? E5.60 on last sat night in The Vaults D1, not only that but it was E15 on the door. BE AWARE OF THIS RIP OFF JOINT AND I ENCOURAGE OTHERS TO BOYCOTT THIS ESTABLISHMENT...THIS IS UTTER GREED ON BEHALF OF THE OWNERS, AND THEY WONDER WHY THE CROWDS HAVE DESERTED THE PLACE!!!!!:mad:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,230 ✭✭✭OLDYELLAR

f*x sake thats even dearer than the pints at the metallica concert they were a fiver each , nearly 6 euro for a pint and 15 to get in , for starts i would`nt pay the 15 jasus thats some rip off!!!!
    hope there shut down for ripping people off like that , probably smelled like a crap hole too now that the smoking ban has been ebforced and smelly people wont have a wash before they leave there friggin house
    water is still free , have a wash smelly club goers !:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,435 ✭✭✭lee_baby_simms

no matter how much money your worth paying e5.60 is disgraceful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

Originally posted by lee_baby_simms
    no matter how much money your worth paying e5.60 is disgraceful.

You're not paying for the beer or the establisment, you are paying for the honour of being in the company of others who can afford 5.60 a pint.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,435 ✭✭✭lee_baby_simms

sorry i never thought of it like that!!

so where is this kip? a flat, overpriced, watery heino is just what i'd like right now!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭damnyanks

They are trying to turn all high class and the likes. I goto college in the IFSC. Also worked next door to the vaults. I've been in there a few times. Its terrible, all those alcoves seem the exact same. It gets extremely hot and its dead at the best of times during the week.

Its all marketing. Lagooona around the corner (Across from Excise & NCI) is by far the best pub in the IFSC. They dont rip you off like the others. Although the excise is reasonbly priced its a kip :D (Compared to the harbour master, lagoona and The vaults)

They spent like 6million doing the vaults up or some insane figure like that originally

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭Nemici

Originally posted by syke
    You're not paying for the beer or the establisment, you are paying for the honour of being in the company of others who can afford 5.60 a pint.

interesting viewpoint - hmm in my weakened financial state I feel the searing rage towards the people who want / can afford pints at that crazy price.

They Must all be put to the sword

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 costello2s

it is under connelly station, but i urge everyone to avoid the over priced dark kip

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

UCD Sci-Day end pissup was there a few months ago... you'd get lost in there! 5.60's just a ripoff. It's just not worth it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭robbie1876

so where is this kip?
    Just off Sheriff Street.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

Originally posted by OLDYELLAR
    f*x sake thats even dearer than the pints at the metallica concert

were they a full pint? didnt seem like it to me

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5 pneuromancer

I remember paying 4euro for a bottle of Volvic in Spirit. I didn't think they were gonna charge that much until I checked my change out of tenner.

I wouldn't mind if the place was fantastic but it's not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭p.pete

Did you log it in www.drinkfeckgirls.com ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭Sarsfield

I really like The Vaults although I only ever go there mid-week after work. Usually end up eating (they have an excellent menu) and drinking wine though.

I see it as a restaurant where you can get pints rather than as a pub.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭ArthurG

Originally posted by costello2s
    Is this the most expensive pint in dublin? E5.60 on last sat night in The Vaults D1, not only that but it was E15 on the door. BE AWARE OF THIS RIP OFF JOINT AND I ENCOURAGE OTHERS TO BOYCOTT THIS ESTABLISHMENT...THIS IS UTTER GREED ON BEHALF OF THE OWNERS, AND THEY WONDER WHY THE CROWDS HAVE DESERTED THE PLACE!!!!!:mad:

I know its been said before, put this isn't a rip-off. If you're happy to pay 15 euro in the first place to get into a pub, when there are many superior pubs in Dublin with no cover charge, you can't really complain about it. Would there be an issue if there was no cover charge and pints were still 5.60?. Was the pub showing an incorrect price for the pints and charging you more?. Did you leave in protest after the first one or continue buying?.

As for paying to be in the company of people who can afford it, sounds a bit weak to me. I earn a good salary, and could pay 6 euros for a pint if I wished, but would never do it as I don't consider it good value (not a rip-off however, as its not like you're being deceived). I am happy however to pay 4 euro for a pint in a decent pub like Grogans, which beats any of the newer places in town hands down.

Phew, glad to have gotten that off my chest!.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 costello2s

Get real....E5.60 is a rip off in anyones judgement, i too earn good money but i refuse to pay rip off charges for anything, secondly i did question the barman over the price, but i was aware he was only doing his job and thirdly YES we did leave after one pint. In regards to the entry fee, while it is high there are many fine establishments that charge a similar fee but they sure as hell do not charge E5.60 for a pint.........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭leeroybrown

As far as I'm concerned Dublin is just an over-priced hole from a social point of view. The publicans seem to be trying to figure out exactly what they can charge without reducing their custom significantly. They probably make more profit selling less at a higher price.

When their sales do reduce they blame the smoking ban when in fact the drop off in trade has been on the cards for a few years now.

Advertisement