Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Something I've been pondering on

• 19-07-2004 3:22pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 895 ✭✭✭

I was just reading Empire's webchat with Jonathan Frakes (http://www.empireonline.co.uk/site/features/interviews/interviews.asp?IID=144), and came across something which surprised me:
    Inessa: Were there ever any Star Trek episodes that you just wished hadn't been made?
    Jonathan: Episode 2 of the first year was shamelessly racist and I believe has been taken out of re-runs.

Now my memory of the first season of TNG isn't very good but if I'm right that episode would've been part 2 of Encounter at Farpoint or the Naked Now, depending on how you look at it. Its been a long time since I've seen either of these episodes but I can't remember anything racist about them. Am I forgetting something?? Or am I thinking of the wrong episodes altogether??

}:>

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

Cant think of any thing racist in the first few eps of tng...Maybe franks is one of those uber pc people who see's every thing as sexist or racist :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭jaggeh

maybe he meant ep04?

lot of black people in it.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

Oh the one where it was the black culture and they stole yar ......meh its not that bloody racist

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,463 ✭✭✭shinzon

He could also be talking about the oirish episode called up the long ladder, i know this happened in the seocnd season.

But the episode in the first season was called code of honour, it was the third episode of season 1 not thesecond as stated

Shin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭maxheadroom

Originally posted by shinzon

But the episode in the first season was called code of honour, it was the third episode of season 1 not thesecond as stated

Its possible he's not counting farpoint because it would have been filmed seperately (as it was the pilot episode). That would make code of honour second in the production run for season 1.

• Advertisement
Advertisement