Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Going off on a bender.. Newbies & LAG

Options
  • 27-03-1999 4:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 159 ✭✭

I'm sorry - its finally got to me. After many years of excellent online play and the 'Grit Your Teeth And Bear It' attitude, I'm having a spate of Utter-Disillusionment(TM).

Firstly, NEWBIES. We all started somewhere, but is it just me or are the new newbies as thick as the proverbial bovine-originated-wate-product?

How stupid are these people? Time and time again, they either spend half the game staring at their PDA's, or shouting "I need an APC pickup" - or simply proving to be the most incomprehensibly naff team-mates ever.

I'm starting to loathe these people, and more than once the TK instinct has threatened to appear. Not for the first time I found myself repairing, defending, attacking, repairing, attacking, repairing, defending, sapping... whilst my 'team' all went out for a picnic.

One guy even walked off the map, thinking he was going towards the enemy. Stupid git never twigged that after about 15 mins of walking, no enemy was to be seen. Urgghh..

LAG. I don't know whether its a byproduct of the 1.3 patch, or the utterly shoddy state of telecoms systems in this country - but WTF is going on these days? I can't even play for more than 20 mins now (certainly no more than 10 if there is more than 8 people on) - without my FPS dropping through the floor, lagging up so that I look like a statue, -- the works.

So what is going on eh? A few weeks ago, it was wonderful. Thing is, it can only get worse as the actual game is officially released in stores.

And BarrysWorld servers are the worst - those pile of crap machines offer nothing but total lag and stupid, daft, unecessary mods and/or levels which take every scrap of Tactics and FUN out of the game.

There - rant over. smile.gif

--Brit--

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,687 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

here here

BTW since I invested in a external multimodem and a IOL account I almost never experience lag.......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭SS 01 Ripper

I know what you're saying..

The other day I was in 'statue-park' Almost all of my team members were standing around staring at....something.

One guy decided to inspect my mine at the flag a bit too close. I mean, c'mon. I know I wasn't like that when I was a 'newbie' to Tribes and I know others that weren't. Sure, I had a lot of questions, but I was productive (or as productive as was possible then).

Lag: I think Barry's world should get at least more servers (even if they have lag). Just yesterday all of BWs servers were full and it seemed like everyone that wanted to play in Europe was migrating to IGN.ie. There were 21+ ppl on the server..needless to say, it got very laggy !

oh and..when you see an [SS-06] Teeth, it's not Dr. Teeth (he's still doing his own team...don't worry)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭Dr_Teeth

I dunno now. Think about it - the first people to play Tribes in Europe were the HARD CORE! Who else would go to the trouble of ordering it from the states or tracking downa warez copy?

Sure we were all new to the game, but nearly all of us had played Quake etc for ages. These new guys are people that the 'first wave' have introduced to the game - people who aren't as into online FPS games as we are, and thus are exceptionally bad players. This can get only worse with the official release of the game. smile.gif

Teeth.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭Dr_Teeth

.. and if I ever see that Teeth chap on a server, he's SO DEAD!! He's going to take it, oh yes. There can be only one..

Teeth.

• Advertisement

hehehe.

btw. just to say it here (again).

what's the deal with all that lag ?!

and..i think it may have a brain. cause it happens just when i'm about to escape a mortar..or just when i'm about to blast the enemy flag carrier to death...or it comes to me when i'm just standing waiting at the flag for example...probably just to annoy me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭Hecate

its alliivveee!

Advertisement