Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Request] Buying cheap drink online

• 19-07-2004 3:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭

Hey,

Anyone know any websites where you can order cheap drink on the net?

http://www.lastorders.com <- thats the only website I found but its a bit pricy

Post links below thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 954 ✭✭✭ChipZilla

Jesus H Christ. :eek: £20 + delivery for a slab of Stella. Pricey is right. better off buying from France:

Same thing is €15 + delivery from www.eurostop.fr.st

Loads more here:

http://www.day-tripper.net/shopwine-beerwine.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 Err..

What sort of drink? Wine/Spirits/Beer? Oddbins is a lot cheaper than the site you mentioned and they do deliveries from their Irish stores:

http://www.oddbins.com/storefinder/Ireland.asp

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭Iri$hKeLt

Mainly 'Beer'

Thanks for the above links, anyone else know anywhere ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 145 ✭✭daveathome_16

TESCO.IE!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭Dr. Dre

Well, not online, but if you have transport and aren't too far away, I'd recommend you take a trip across the Border to Newry (<10 miles past Dundalk) - Curleys off-licence and Sainsburys will make you wish you brought a van ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 122 ✭✭wolfe25

Not internet, but Aldi do a Galahad lager (24x500ml) for €19.99. I know supermarket own brand stuff is usually crap, but this is not bad and a good price.
    Lidl also do one about the same price but I didn't fancy it
    Aldi also sell single cans for99c. If there's one local try a few and see what you think.
    Dr Dre where is Curly's in Newry?

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

iirc it's just beside Dunnes Stores and poundstrecher shoping "center" on patrick street

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭Dr. Dre

It's just off Monaghan St. - like Agent Smith said, it's beside Dunnes, poundstretcher and Argos.

Patrick St. is where the college and sports centre is, IIRC.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,563 ✭✭✭savemejebus

also not internet but carry out, dunnes and a few other places are doing bottles of rolling rock for €0.99 each. This is some of the tastiest beer available and well worth checking out at that price

• Closed Accounts Posts: 122 ✭✭wolfe25

Thanks guys, I know where that is...must have walked past it numerous times with my eyes closed.
    Will look in next time I'm there, always interested in a shop with cheap beer.:D

• Advertisement

Originally posted by Dr. Dre
    Well, not online, but if you have transport and aren't too far away, I'd recommend you take a trip across the Border to Newry (<10 miles past Dundalk) - Curleys off-licence and Sainsburys will make you wish you brought a van ;)

Who cares about being far away? Even if you were driving up from Cork you'd still save a load if you were buying in quantity like I do every few months. :D Sainsburys in Newry is good, Makro in Dunmurry in Belfast is better if you're ever passing that way...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭LizardKing

Think this guy goes in a van to france every now and again , have bought of him through sisters boyfriend , who knows the guy ... cheaper than offie and he'll deliver within reason and if order is sizeable ...

http://www.delboyswine.com/

Robbing ba**ard. He's getting his beer from France? A slab of Bud or Heineken is €15 in France. That's a hell of a mark-up he's making... A €20-odd profit on a slab is just taking the piss.

in fairness he has to go all the way over and back , also has to deal with the illegality of it and the moral issue of defrauding the government of tax ... I could not care less what he is making , once I get it cheaper than over here

Originally posted by LizardKing
    in fairness he has to go all the way over and back

No sh*t he has to go over there and back. He's still not cheap.

A 10 pack of Bud is €13.50 in Tesco.

That means 1 bottle costs €1.35.

That means 24 bottles cost €32.40.

In Tesco! Check the www.tesco.ie site if you don't believe me...

He's charging €35 to bring you 24 bottles from France.

WTF is up with that? :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I think he's selling Cans of bud export (500ml)

tesco.ie sell it at €1.79 a can or 13.99 for 8

at that he'd still be cheaper than tesco me thinks ...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭StickyMcGinty

ireland is a discrace for drink prices...

in the states i bought 6 bottles of miller GD for 5 dollars, bout 4 euro.

anything thats brewed in the US is cheaper in the US, and i know we get 20c off our pint a guinness in the pubs, but it should be a lot more!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭Iri$hKeLt

Originally posted by VinnyL
    ireland is a discrace for drink prices...

in the states i bought 6 bottles of miller GD for 5 dollars, bout 4 euro.

anything thats brewed in the US is cheaper in the US, and i know we get 20c off our pint a guinness in the pubs, but it should be a lot more!

True that, Out in france I got like 64 bottles 330ml of Kronenborg for 30euro for the 64. Its a disgrace how much we pay over here for a carry out let alone going to the pub thats why I was looking for cheap online drink :dunno:

Thanks for the replys I think the North would be the best bet pitty you have to drive that far for a bitta drink!

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

Originally posted by Dr. Dre
    It's just off Monaghan St. - like Agent Smith said, it's beside Dunnes, poundstretcher and Argos.

Patrick St. is where the college and sports centre is, IIRC.

thats the street, for some one who's from there i should know!

/me hits head with bottle

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,459 ✭✭✭Blisterman

Actually MGD is brewed in Cork so it should be cheaper here.

• Advertisement
Advertisement