Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Is there a trick to copying a DVD to your PC?

• 19-07-2004 4:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭

Hey,

I want to copy one of my DVD's to my PC, but I'm getting file read errors etc. The DVD plays fine.

Is there a trick to copying a DVD to a PC?

Thanks...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Repli

If you just want .iso files (theyll be pretty big 4-8gb) then use dvd decrypter to copy them to your pc. If you want to copy the movie you'll need a divx encoder or something similar too. www.doom9.org for everything you need.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭Johnny Versace

Thank you repli.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

dr divx and dvd decrypter are your friends. no trick just takes an age to make .avi files

they are usually about 800MB to 1 gig in size

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Chalk

if you just want to copy the movie - minus menus / alt. soundtracks

you can use dvdshrink - http://www.dvdshrink.org
    to copy the movie , strip out the extras and make it a bit smaler in the process
    its designed for backing up your dvd9s to dvd5
    but is a lot quicker than the 4 to 5 hrs for an xvid encode

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Most DVD drives in computers are more sensitive than standalone DVD players, hence a bad DVD may play on the standalone drive but not on the computer (or be read on the computer). If you can play it on the PC though you should be able to use the above methods to read the vobs.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,669 ✭✭✭DMT

Hocus Pocus DVD Shrinker is teh win...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭steveland?

I used that dvd shrinker thing but is there a way to convert it into a .avi file or whatever so you can back them up on a cd-r as opposed to a dvd-r

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

Repli solved everyones problems with the first reply.

Doom9 contains ALL KNOWLEDGE.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,007 ✭✭✭mad m

try main concept.....and instead of dvd shrink try smart ripper which i find good,just goto backup files and browse where ur putting it and press start....rips it onto ur HD,but ull have to shrink it if u want to fit it back onto a dvd......but have a go at main concept u can download it for free trial

Advertisement