Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IGN and Servers ?

Options
  • 29-03-1999 5:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,687 ✭✭✭

Who opperates IGN? will they ever sort out the desperate lag when 6 or more ppl r on the server - christ the game isent even out yet.
    We need 3 or so servers at the very least. If we want ppl to play tribes and stay playing we need more then one server. Right now we have the always full BW servers or IGN (if your lucky you might get a good ping to the US) ppl will **** off and wont play

Brit, could you host a server on your site(possibly even pworded to keep out riff raff newbies smile.gif) anyone got any ideas. No-one ever plays on DNA's server to be honest I never even look at it, whats the ping/lag/pl like??

any comments or ideas?

[EM]vaggabond

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭SS 01 Ripper

hmm..yeah..
    perhaps a server tribes could book ? for practice for poor soules that don't have their own server, or for tribe vs tribe matches.

but i definatly agree on that one about having one pw protected so that the horrible players (does this include me ?!) can't just create more lag for everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭YuM

A practice server yes.. but to me the attraction of Tribes is the 16 + player moshes that happen almost nightly on IGN..

I take it that another server would be running on the same box ! that would hardly help the type of lag / spikes were getting now.. so when the server gets full 32 ppl, then its time for a new one otherwise shoehorn em all in and enjoy.....

Now wheres me morter.. I see 6 ppl milling around a inv station (oops coke machine)..
    arragh Real Life (TM).....

YuM

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Who are those mystery men in the IGN?

Why are they always hiding from us on IRC?

Do they really have 20 dual p3 600's in their office and is it true that they will only use one of them for a server?

Try posting this on the Admin board.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

The primary problem is the fact that the IGN server is now populated by muppets from abroad - no offence intended to our regular international players, but the fact is, the pings to tribes.ign.ie from the UK are a rock-steady sub-200 connect. I don't even get that off dialling Dublin. Pings to the US are also pretty good. Fact is, if it was just Irish muppets, it'd be bearable, but there are a shocking number of international muppets there as well, a problem which the Quake servers have never really had.

Mata ne!
    Rob

• Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭Suds

Well today was sooooooo bad with lag - quite unacceptable -

I wonder if the pipe connecting the servers is enough for whats there ?

or is it the machine overloaded

either way its not playable.

gone to barrysworld again./

Cya

Suds

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Put in the Anti-TK patch for the server. Get's rid of most of the muppets in a flash.

Advertisement