Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

X-Men director Bryan Singer takes over Superman Project

• 19-07-2004 6:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,669 ✭✭✭

From RTE:

19 July 2004
    X-Men director in Superman hotseat

'X-Men' director Bryan Singer is to direct the next 'Superman' movie.

Singer replaces 'Charlie's Angels' director McG, who exited the project last week.

The Hollywood Reporter says that Singer's commitment to the new film means that his two scheduled projects, a remake of 'Logan's Run' and the third 'X-Men' movie, may be pushed back.

Commenting on his decision to direct the new film, Singer said: My interest in 'Superman' dates back many, many years. In fact, it was the Richard Donner classic film that was my day-to-day inspiration in shaping the 'X-Men' universe for the screen. I feel that 'Superman' has been late in his return and it is time for him to fly again."

Good news indeed, as McG is a bit rubbish...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭Tivoli

is that sig legal??

while reading you post it told me i was ghay

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭Creature

Lol that sig is genius!

This is indeed good news (well for me it is) as The Charlie's Angels film were total bollox, I'd never trust the guy who did them with the Superman project.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,067 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Yea but...the X-men films were complete ****e too...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭Creature

Much better than Charlie's Angels though. Its the lesser of two evils...or something to that extent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Originally posted by Tusky
    Yea but...the X-men films were complete ****e too...

Brian also Directed The Usual Suspects.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭D-Generate

In every interview I have ever read with Bryan Singer he reminds us that he directed The Usual Suspects :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Originally posted by D-Generate
    In every interview I have ever read with Bryan Singer he reminds us that he directed The Usual Suspects :)
    I'd rather that than have him remind us of his small acting role in Star Trek Nemesis

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,067 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Originally posted by Jimeatsmenu
    Brian also Directed The Usual Suspects.

yea....but do you think the new superman will be more like the usual suspects or like the x-men movies ? ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

"Holy Shit! It was Louis Lane all along! Damn her!!!"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,669 ✭✭✭DMT

Originally posted by Jimeatsmenu
    "Holy Shit! It was Louis Lane all along! Damn her!!!"
    Who's Louis Lane?

• Advertisement

Originally posted by DMT
    Who's Louis Lane?
    At night, Lois likes to wear trousers and pick up good looking chicks. Just to tease you understand.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

McG (stupid name) dropped out because he felt Superman should be shot in America, and that an Australian city wouldn't look right. And shooting in America would have been 3 times more expensive.

But this is Metropolis we're talking about, it could look like anything. Anyway the city in the Matrix looked American enough... yes?

How old is Bryan Singer anyway? Daniel Radcliffe looks older...

I think the key to this film being good is if the script is good. The direction is second.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

I dunno. I thought the X-Men films were enjoyable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭CyberGhost

I loved X men! especially 2 with the secret lab and stuff!

I think it's defenatelly a good thing!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭LoneGunM@n

If you haven't seen it, take a look @ An Evening with Kevin Smith ... He gives a great insight into how fcuked up the whole Superman project has become!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 432 ✭✭ChumpStain

Well I like most of Singers past films so my expectations are alot higher for the film now, but there needs to be a good choice for Superman(ie not Brendan Fraser) and Lois Lane(ie not Beyonce frickin' Knowles). But at least they've got a credible and competent director rather than McG which is a good start. Now I wait for the cast to be announced so I can either criticise or praise.

Word on the street says it could be Tom Welling for Superman/Clark Kent...

Are they going to reboot the universe or actually stick to the story in some way?

(and call McG Joe McGinty Nichol. He probably doesn't like it)

Originally posted by sceptre
    Are they going to reboot the universe or actually stick to the story in some way?

(and call McG Joe McGinty Nichol. He probably doesn't like it)
    Reboot apparently -
    pity they wouldn't make a "The Matrix: Rebooted" which then "overwrite" to two sequels...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 432 ✭✭ChumpStain

Tom Welling would actually be a pretty good choice but I've heard him say in interviews that he doesn't want to be typecast as Superman so he probably want be in it. He may even cast an actor you'd never think of in the role ie, Eric Bana as the Hulk or Tobey McGuire as Spidey.

Advertisement