Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Rover Buick v8 RIP

Options
  • 19-07-2004 7:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭

Its the end of an era, last nights Top Gear announced that the legendary Rover Buick aluminium V8 is to cease production.

This engine which Rover bought from the US marque in 1967 has been the big block of choice for a whole generation of bespoke car builders besides Rover themselves. Some of the models to filled the bay of include the P5, P6, SD1, Land Rover. Range Rover, Marcos, MG/MGB, TVR, Morgan Plus8, some special Ford Sierras, and several more fancy budget models which needed a simple, light and very tunable engine.

Quite why its going west beats me, sure its not the fastest or cleanest anymore but its still popular.

Buy now before they get acquire a premium.

Here is the best of the lot cos it looks so good.

cover.jpg

Red meat on wheels! :)

Mike.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,541 ✭✭✭duridian

On the positive side on last night's Top Gear they also demolished a Citroen 2CV hippy car by running it into the crosswinds created by the jet engines of a 747 which flipped it about 40 feet in the air, smashing it to bits when it landed and rolled :D I know it doesn't compensate for the loss of the Buick V8, but it certainly cheered me up, that and watching Clarkson tear about in the new Ford GT. :)

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Originally posted by duridian
    ...and watching Clarkson tear about in the new Ford GT. :)
    The new GT is lovely.
    I saw an original whilst in France a few weeks ago. Absolutely marvellous car.
    ...and when the English owner started it up I nearly came!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Originally posted by kbannon

...and when the English owner started it up I nearly came!

Purleeese! :eek: Nasty mental image now stuck in brain

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭Lord Nikon

Was in town last night, parked in the Royal Surgeons at about 10pm, and saw the Bentley Continental just sitting there, just sitting there. For gods sake, why would anyone want to park it. I'd be too busy driving it.

...just some useless info for ya.

Advertisement