Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

broadband strangeness

• 19-07-2004 7:34pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 927 ✭✭✭

just wondering if anyone has experienced this before.. Have my bb set up 2 days now, but my mother says occasionaly when she's on the phone and someone is online she hears a whistle/noise from a fax machine during her conversation. It's not really loud or loud enough that she can't talk to the other person, it's just a faintish noise (her words :p )

Now i've tried a number of times to witness this for myself but to no avail, has anyone heard of this before or is it time to ship the auld dear off to the funny farm..?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭Hellraiser

Never heard that before.
    Have heard of some distortion on the line before, but your provider fixes that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 999 ✭✭✭cregser

Maybe she has the rare ability to hear into the high broadband frequencies - like a dog!

Have you checked that your filters are installed properly. You could have plugged the wires in the wrong way and not noticed (because BB can still work like that, for me anyway).

Most likely problem is a faulty line IMO. It could actually be somebodies fax machine.

Or like I already said, maybe your mother can still listen to high frequencies. Do you remember as a child, the high frequency whine you would hear from a TV as it turned on? As we grow up, most people loose the ability to hear that anymore. I bet you weren't expecting that explaination!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭StickyMcGinty

deffo your filters....

just make sure they are all installed right

Advertisement