Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Camping in Ireland

• 19-07-2004 7:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭

Hey all,

Well I was hoping to go camping somewhere for a couple of days but not to one of those original camping sites where there is loads of tents and people.

I was looking for somewhere nice to camp where there isn't many people around and maybe a lake for fishing etc.

Anyone got any ideas?

RunFree

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 1,863 Mod ✭✭✭✭Slaanesh

Try PM'ing "Dr Pepper" he knows a few good places to camp. Have had some wild excursions in the middle of the Wicklow mountains.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 208 ✭✭TUTS

Inis Oir (Little Amsterdam)...... aran islands. The smallest island. Nice campsite,, toilets and stuff. Wake up to a castle on a cliff. Savage views of other islands, clare, galway. 20 metres from beach. (Depends which side of the campsite) 2 pubs five min walk, same for shop. Walk out to the boat from the start of Fr Ted and have a few cans.

I love the place, go over on the Aug bank holiday weekend every year for the last 3 and will be going again with the lads at the end of the month.

The Guard comes over once for the weekend usually the sat eve. Does the usual, weeds out the underagers with the booze... and what not. He stays in the campsite for 10 mins and thats that. He goes back to Cill Ronan (i think that how ya spell it) on the main island.

Then the fun starts ...its fluppin nuts. Anything goes.... anything. and as long as you dont piss off the locals... No problems from anyone.

Advertisement