Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2nd Server

Options
  • 31-03-1999 11:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,687 ✭✭✭

I like to thank cloud on behalf of everyone here for giving us a 2nd server and generally responding to our requests
    Firstly, I've limited the "IGN.ie - Tribes 1" server to 16 players.

Secondly, I've closed the Q2 Arena and CTF servers to allow for the second test "IGN.ie - Tribes 2" server on port 28002, running in competition mode (also 16 players).

Basically, the IGN has two PCs on which it runs its games servers, one running the QuakeWorld servers, and a newer machine running Q2/Tribes/HL servers (approximately 7-8 games servers on each machine). Both are dual processor machines with loads and loads of RAM and multiple network interfaces.

Resources may improve soon, until then we just have to juggle what ones we have.
    its a big success for us to get a second server so soon after getting organised and credit is due to everyone for being good games players and not messin like that quake lot, jasus even sep is verging on being boring here smile.gif

The main thing is that ppl use the new server and bow before the power of Electric Mayhem smile.gif

[em]vaggabond

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Ent

Thanks vAGGABOND for your post on the ADMIN board looking for more resources for Tribes.

Amazed at how quickly Cloud responded.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

So lads, which server do we join? smile.gif

I go for all the non-muppets (ie the people who read this board...) joining server 2, and then the muppets can fight it out on server 1.

Either that, or we join server one and get very very inhospitable... Kick muppets and TKers on sight and tell them to use the other server?

Mata ne!
    Shin-[fascism rules]-chan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 207 ✭✭ChungKing

cloud posted on another thread that server 2 is not listed with the master so that's where we go smile.gif))

btw shinji - I read your 'about' history of IGN - cool article. It sounds like a lot of work went into putting IGN.ie (quake.ie, kali.ie, etc) into action - so kudos to ya all at IGN for providing a great and much needed service for Real Life muppets like us - cos we all are real life muppets when you consider how much time we spend here smile.gif

I do get out to the pub, no really i do...from time to time

Advertisement