Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lower the player limit !

Options
  • 30-03-1999 9:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭

man the server cannie take it. 21 players on there now and it was a lagfeast. perhaps limit it to 16? It was fine with around that on it but was unplayable once the numbers started rising above it

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 159 ✭✭Brit

I couldn't agree more - I'd had a particularly tiring day at work, and thought a spot of Tribes would be good.. WRONG!

I was on there for all of 10 minutes, before the L.....A......G...... made it impossible to do anythin....g

I agree with the l.....imit.

--Bri.....t--

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭YuM

I hate to say it but I agree..

But if the limit is reduced and I find the server full some night I'm gonna whinge summit fierce !!

smile.gif sure ye can't win....

YuM

• Registered Users Posts: 6,687 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

Me has to agree, its a retroactive move but play is suffering summat awful, I also had to go to the US and then BW to play last night

Me also has to ask that ppl support my post on the admin board - or at least agree that we need more servers

[em]vagga

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Agreed the server was running like a dog last night although at one stage it was cool to see around 6 people attackin the nmy base at one time.

Also there were an awful lot of muppets tk'ing on purpose last night is this a taste of what to expect when the game gets released offically over here. Oh and sorry to all my team mates I mortered last night, but if an enemy is near the base I will try and kill them at all costs. tongue.gif

Gandalf.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 207 ✭✭ChungKing

Hey vag - read your excellent post on the admin board & will respond to it asap. I just need a bit of time to write up something that adds to it constructively instead of a general 'HEEEEELL YA! <burp>! I shink you bozos should short yerselvsh out <hic!>' etc etc. smile.gif

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 207 ✭✭ChungKing

it would seem you need a forum password to post on the admin board - so no support from me there sad.gif

BUT, major thumbs up to Cloud for making an effort to help us out!!! And major kudos to vagga for the cool post.

See ya guys on there!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

How about a passworded server then? I know it sounds like setting up a clique... But if all the EM and MS people and so on could have access to a passworded one, when the lag and muppetry on the main server got too bad, we could move...

Alternatively, can we request that the IGN machine be removed from the master servers?

Mata ne!
    Rob

• Registered Users Posts: 5,049 ✭✭✭Cloud

The second server is not listed with the master.

J.
    --

• Closed Accounts Posts: 159 ✭✭Brit

What would be really cool is if we could organise an informal scrimmage between Dr' Teeths [EM] lot, and 10/12 other people from this board - just to see if we're really any good smile.gif

--Brit--

• Closed Accounts Posts: 192 ✭✭Clamor

That's a good idea Brit. Need to get the rest against {EM} and have a bit of a blast :-)
    Give's them some practice and let the rest of us know who else is out there.

• Advertisement
Advertisement