Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Security Tags

• 19-07-2004 10:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭

I was just going through some clothes I bought yesterday, and found that some of the stuff still has security tags on them - the huge ones, with a plastic chamber that looks like it has dye or something inside. I can't take it off by twisting it (obviously they have to be a bit more secure than that...), and I'm livin' about 40 mins from the place I bought it from.

It only cost about €10 in their sale... but even if it's not really expensive, I should at least be able to use what I paid for. Any advice on maybe a trick to take off the tag? Either way, the manager's gonna get a bollockin' the next time I'm in the shop.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

Bit odd, surely the "Security" tag should have let some one in the shop know that the item you "Purchased" still had the "security" tag on it.

John

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭subway_ie

Originally posted by Lump
    Bit odd, surely the "Security" tag should have let some one in the shop know that the item you "Purchased" still had the "security" tag on it.

It was about 18:10 by the time I had paid for everything, so I assume they had turned off the transmitters/receivers at the door. Or maybe the tag is just to prevent people from taking stuff, without actually setting off any alarm (since you cant actually take them off without ripping whatever it's stuck on to)?

You do seem to like your "quotation" marks...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 130 ✭✭futility_

security tags with die in them don't use an alarm. They just break if you try and snap them off and the die ruins the clothes. You can take them off with a big magnet like what they use for removing them in the shop, otherwise you mightn't get a refund if you break the tags by trying to take them off.

I suppose I'll just have to wait to return it to the shop - the only big magnet I've got is in my hard drive...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭munkeehaven

dont try take it off!! my friend used to work in a shop and was messing with one of them before and ended up staining herself......it was funny..until her boss saw what she did....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭steveland?

Really think that's a good idea returning to the scene of the.... purchase? When it still has the tag on it are they not just gonna assume it's stolen and you've come up with an elaborate scheme to get the tag removed?

Then again you might have the receipt in which case ignore my rambling...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭munkeehaven

thats true...i wonder is there a patent on it.....

Originally posted by SteveD
    Really think that's a good idea returning to the scene of the.... purchase? When it still has the tag on it are they not just gonna assume it's stolen and you've come up with an elaborate scheme to get the tag removed?

Then again you might have the receipt in which case ignore my rambling...

Yeah, I've still got the receipt. Although I suppose they'll still be a bit suspicious... should be ok as long as I head straight to the cash desk. And if they do accuse me of anything, I've got my receipt and they're at fault. Their salespeople are total bitches though... I'm thinking I should just ask for a manager.

Demand they take the tag off, make a huge scene, call the manager and when he/she asks whats goin on tell him/her they wont take the tag off so you can walk out of the shop with no hassle, then when they get really pissed off and reckin you're tryin to steal it produce the receipt and do a little dance

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

Originally posted by SteveD
    Demand they take the tag off, make a huge scene, call the manager and when he/she asks whats goin on tell him/her they wont take the tag off so you can walk out of the shop with no hassle, then when they get really pissed off and reckin you're tryin to steal it produce the receipt and do a little dance

/me nods in agreement.

Although I would have added some screaming about consuner rights and "YOU ALREADY TOOK ENOUGH MONEY OFF ME WITH YOUR EURO PRICE HIKES!!!"

• Advertisement

See this is it... always thinking of new and more original ways of screwing with authority ... well, the people who work in this clothes shop

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Yes authority - 18 year old girl working in a clothes shop where she meets shop lifters everyday and is suspicious of someone she doesn't know...... hmmm

Advertisement