Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Independent: Report linking Iran to 9/11

Options
  • 19-07-2004 11:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭

After all the fuss over Iraq a report according to irish independent is coming out next week linking Iran to the terrrorists of 9/11.

The report is to talk about Iranian officals giving the hijackers free passage out of Afganastan without any checks or passport stamping and the report is supposable recommanding the establishing of a 'intelligence tsar' to organise and fix the US intelligence system.

Also Iranian officals are rumoured to have approached Osama Bin Ladin about joining forces against America.

This information collected from interrogations at guantamo bay.

Dunno about its credibility but i feel that if they had this much info on Iran and didnt invade then it throws the Iraqi invasion into even more doubt.

Anyway if American info is faulty...Why are they making a big deal of this, its just gonna lead to more embarrasment (after a full scale invasion etc)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭chewy

but havn't america been trying to destabilish iran for years,
    presumably the main reason they wouldn't invade is cause perhaps iran arny is up to it...

and i mean same goes of north korea

i don't much about the korean war...

was that after vietnam how many personnel did america put into that etc..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 252 ✭✭BattleBoar

Too bad Bush already used up the free pass on the wrong country :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

They passed through Iran. That is all. There is no other evidence that Iran had any other involvement.

However I am sure Bush might swing it. Especially after Isreal have said they will nuke Iran if Russia gives them the fuel rods for their power plant (which is not the same as giving them weapons grade material).

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Here we go again.......

I assume it's perfectly legit to stay a Presidential election in times of a national emergency? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭ionapaul

Originally posted by seamus
    Here we go again.......

I assume it's perfectly legit to stay a Presidential election in times of a national emergency? :rolleyes:

If that were to happen the US Army and National Guard would have to be out on the streets in New York, Boston, San Francisco, Denver, etc...to quell the protests of those Americans who already hate Bush and would see a posponment of the election as the first step towards tyranny. Remember, although it is the right who champion gun ownership over there, the reason people are allowed to have guns (many claim) is so that the people can rise up against their government if it becomes a dictatorship. I think Bush would fear for his life if he delayed the Presidential election because of another war or emergency.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭vorbis

my god some of ye people are more fanatical than Moore!
    All it is is a report. Bush isn't going to delay the election because he knows it would be electorally damaging. Also chewy the Korean war was before Vietnam and was a UN force (admittedly US dominated) sent in to repel the Norths invasion of the south. About the closest the world ever came to a third world war i suppose.

Originally posted by ionapaul
    I think Bush would fear for his life if he delayed the Presidential election because of another war or emergency.

If he had the backing of the miltary I doubt that very much.
    Bush isn't going to delay the election because he knows it would be electorally damaging.

Or he could of put the idea forward so it gets shot down, then have terrorists attacks in voting areas he will know he will loose and refuse to have them redone because that is what people wanted? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Originally posted by ionapaul
    Remember, although it is the right who champion gun ownership over there, the reason people are allowed to have guns (many claim) is so that the people can rise up against their government if it becomes a dictatorship.
    Depends how you interpret the reason for the necessity of a well-ordered militia.

However, the New Hampshire constitution (article 10) gives NH citizens the explicit right to rise up against a government "whenever the ends of government are perverted, and public liberty manifestly endangered, and all other means of redress are ineffectual". Tied to article 7 it also gives NH a far greater claim for secession if they wanted to do that. It harks back to the old ballsy separatist nature of NH and it's the only US state to give such an explicit guarantee of that right. Pitchforks and lit tar-torches at the ready then.

Hmm all this fuss about Iran. When all of a sudden Halliburton are being investigated for dealing with Iran. Does this mean Cheny is up for Treason?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/3908753.stm

• Registered Users Posts: 78,415 ✭✭✭✭Victor

I hear they passed through the USA aswell....

• Advertisement
Advertisement