Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[EM] Logo design compo...

Options
  • 31-03-1999 4:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 159 ✭✭

please don't think I'm jumping the gun here, but it was a bit of a quiet day at work - I finally finished setting up all the servers, and no prat has done anything stupid (yet).

So, I thought - this [EM] business - what a fantastic idea - even better with 2 servers. So what about a logo?

Well there you go - [EM] needs a logo. I think everyone should have a go designing one, and then we can pick the best smile.gif

I have set up a little page for them at:

http://209.98.117.137/em/index.html (*)

And have thrown (literally) one together myself. Please, have a look, send me your comments (even better, your submissions) and we I'll post them on there.

Cheers, and hopefully, I'll get a decent game tonite! smile.gif

--Brit--

P.S. (*) -- you must copy and paste/type this URL in exactly. interNIC have finally got round to transferring our domain it would seem and things are going a bit screwy at the moment. So, copy and paste, and it will work fine...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,687 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

theres only one thing the logo can be...

smile.gif

which of the silly groups are we, i recon we should not declare (ie indy)

who is doing the web page, or even better, why not between us reg 'tribes .ie' and the 10 of us could add stuff to it, save conflicts
    (or we just tell bert to do it as he seems to have a nack at these things, but I wanna do stuff too *waaaaaaa*)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 745 ✭✭✭SeP

brit that logo aint that bad dood smile.gif

oh well.....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭Dr_Teeth

Hmm, I think it needs to be more 'electric', if you know what I mean. smile.gif Perhaps a blaze of electricity/sparks set behind the smaller 'Electric Mayhem' text? I'll mess about with photoshop this weekend too, and we'll see what we can come up with. I've also downloaded the tribes skin editting packs.. lots to do! smile.gif

Teeth.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭Hecate

right here yah go....decide which one u think is better:

emlogo1.jpg

emlogo2.jpg

I think a good idea would be to stick in somthing involving an ELF gun frying someone, anyone know where u could get such a picture smile.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭Dr_Teeth

The first one. smile.gif I'm a big fan of the ole' faux-japanese look which seems to be creeping into anything remotely techy these days.. smile.gif

A whole website base around that 'look' would be cool..

Teeth.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭Hecate

hmm...I'm free for 2 weeks, I'll see what I can cook up...now wheres that Corel 3D studio?...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

Hmm.... I knocked this up this evening, trying to keep to a kind of "electric" theme.... needs a little playing with the transparencies and the glow FX, but I like it... tongue.gif

emlogo-s.gif

And if we want a Japanese theme, can poor aul Shin be indulged and allowed to plaster an anime/manga look and feel all over the gaff? ^_^

Mata ne!
    Shin

Grr.... and as you can see, it needs playing with the compression settings as well.... sad.gif

mata ne!
    Rob

• Registered Users Posts: 6,687 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

so your working today too sad.gif

Like the consept shin, agree its needs a little work, the shadows are too exagerated, forced, I'll have a dickie round with them, they need to be natural, daling

Later

[em] vaggabond

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Something you should be aware of.

The Logo is going on the Skins? Remember there are also flags and other things that can be personalised within the game, so if you take a base your Team logo gets splattered all over it. Cool huh? smile.gif

I'll try something over the weekend. I have a $700 Truspace4, might as well get some use for it smile.gif

• Advertisement

Yeah duckie, agree over the shadows.... they need to be softer, and blend in more... but that upsets the transparency at the sides, doesn't it? Ohh deary me. smile.gif

Hmm.... I'll have a play with it. I'm kinda learning Corel Xara as I go along.... It's an incredibly good package btw...

Mata ne!
    Rob

Advertisement