Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I hate these people

• 20-07-2004 1:04am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭

Right so i set up a new account on messenger to get away from annoying people who added me to their lists and blocking them only leads to them emailing me moaning that ive blocked them and setting up email filters would be too much work.

So people start adding me to their lists now on my new account. These are people from america and canada who think im some friend of theirs cos his email address is the same as mine but with a number in it or something.

And then i block one of them so they get all their mates to add me to their lists and yada yada yada the vicious cycle keeps a-turning

This sort of shenanigans ever happen to other messenger users

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭munkeehaven

yeah, instant messenger land is full of weirdos you know, and they think after like one converastion or whatever that you are best buds.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Use an obscure username???

yeah, like zaputi or mynngi, and they wont go near ya.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

something like gaysteve maybe ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭garthv

when they add you,theres an option for you to select whether or not they can chat to you,just say no to freaky americans kids!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭steveland?

Originally posted by jesus_thats_gre
    something like gaysteve maybe ;)

DAMMIT NOW EVERYONE KNOWS!!!

thanks for blowin my cover...

how bout ''imnot=urbuddyboy''

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭steveland?

maybe ill try addmeandipoundyouponcho@hotmail.com

although knowin my luck some surfer git from some mad place will be addmeandipoundyouponcho2@hotmail.com or something

lol! i guess some people are just unlucky:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,698 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

luck was on my side :D my real name is so unique that no one ever ends up with the same email address as me in any way...god bless the irish language and its wierd names...

p.s Though i'm still stuck with my own set of freaky friends...

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

I've never had that problem. Ever.

I only use MSN tho, can't imagine why I'd use AIM etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

I've never had that problem either, but the only time I've had someone try to add me I have wound them up that they ended up blocking me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭D-Generate

Never had this problem. I also am fortunate enough not to get spam on my hotmail account too. Perhaps it is because I have a name wihtout one of those crappy numbers after it. Go team original!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,618 ✭✭✭Civilian_Target

Yeah, I rarely get those sort of people, and when I do, I silently ignore them and they go away.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭littleninja

I get random people adding me sometimes, they just get blocked and deleted unless im pretty sure i know who they are

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Never happened to me, except once when a person I had added to my Contact List lost their email and someone else registered the address. Turned out to be some 12 year old Canadian boy.

/me shudders

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭snoopish

eek do people know when you block them?:dunno:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Snoop - on ICQ, yes, it's very easy to find if someone has you blocked. I haven't used ICQ in over a year but it was easy to find out.

I used ICQ when it started out years and years ago but it soon wrecked my head, there are so many weirdos out there who just add you and start talking to you like they know you, or start perving on you. I was never on ICQ white pages and never on available for chat status so I don't know why they were contacting me.

MSN messenger is great though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,886 ✭✭✭Marq

I too used to get that problem with utter psychopaths on ICQ. These days I have no problem with Messenger, and the q and the Irish surname seem to keep me free of annoying namesakes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

I stopped using ICQ long ago. I recall why. I would log on and get spammed with stupidty like "Forward this to a million users and my GF says she will do me!" or variations of.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

IF YOU DO NOT FORWARD THIS MESSAGE TO ALL OF YOUR CONTACTS YOUR ICQ ACCOUNT WILL BE CLOSED!!11

IF YOU DO NOT VISIT <RANDOM SPAMTRAP WEBSITE> AND ENTER ALL YOUR PERSONAL DETAILS YUOR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELEATDED!!

I too quit using ICQ a few years ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

heh I never had that problem, I have 1 account i use solely for msn, I've set it up so that it asks me if I want to add a person to my contact list, if I don't know them obviously I don't and I have the mail account filter set to exclusive so if anyone mails me that's not in my address book it just goes to bulk mail so I don't care :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

I find telling them where to shove it (and then refering to a relative that's bound to be dead) get's the desired result.

"YOU ***** I HOPE YOU ******* DIE YADAYADAYADA IM BLOCKING YOU NOW"

Advertisement