Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ID3 Tag fixing

Options
  • 20-07-2004 2:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭

just wondering if there is any programme out there that will automaticly scan my mp3's and fixes their id3 tags accordingly?!

thanks
    Dickie

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭Tenshot

Tag & Rename does a good job of automatically creating ID3 tags from information in the filename, and vice versa. It can also retrieve album tracks / titles from the Internet.

MusicBrainz can identify many MP3 files from their "musical signature" and retrieve ID3 tag info remotely, regardless of the filename. (Like CDDB / FreeDB but for individual files rather than albums).

What I'd really like is something that can be pointed at a directory of new stuff, make a best guess at the ID information, look it up online when possible, and move everything to a new directory structure with my preferred naming system. There are a good few Perl scripts online that claim to do this, mainly for Linux, but I haven't had much luck getting them going under Windows.

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭banbutcher

cheers for that tenshot, thats what id like aswell, if ya find one let me know!

Advertisement