Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arts in ucd

• 20-07-2004 2:10am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭

Rite, it was hard enough trying to decide my course, now I have to choose three subjects.

I was thinking about Classics, philosophy and English, although it seems alot like too much reading for one man to take. I would probably sacrifice english for somthing else that I can drop after !st year.

Anyway, I need to know if philosophy is "doable" from a newbies point of view, and what other subjects are worth looking at. Any help appretiated.

Cheers in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭Seraphina

its doable, but there's alot of reading. then again there's alot of reading in all the arts courses. two people i know said philosophy is boring, but in all honesty they probably didn't have a clue what philosophy was about when they started it.
    anyways, they dont even do classics in ucd. its called greek and roman civilisation :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

Jesus, I gots me a reply!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 Liesia

I'm in my third year of philosophy and it is definitely doable but you hav eto be willing to put in a lot of work as most of the rreading sounds like double dutch and needs extra research to be understood. However if you have good communication skills you'll be fine. Beware however cause tutors and lectures can spot waffle a mile off and will leave you behind unable to understand anything rather than pull you up on it.

Advertisement