Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tax Payers could end up paying 10 million for corrupt Ministers Legal Costs

Options
  • 20-07-2004 8:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 15,944 ✭✭✭✭

I'm sure most people saw yesterday that Ray Burke's legal team are seeking 10 million in legal costs. If the tribunal rule in september that the sate should pay the money it will have cost the tax payers 10 million for Mr Burkes legal costs.

The tribunal found that Mr Burke, a former Minister for Justice, received at least £225,000 in corrupt payments and they also stated that he obctructed the work of the tribunal.

I find it sickening that the paye workers of this country could be left with the bill of defending a corrupt politician. If it wasn't for the likes of Mr Burke we wouldn't need these tribunals in first place, and I'm sure the expenes wre higher because he obstructed the work of the tribunal.

News Story: http://www.rte.ie/news/2004/0719/mahon.html

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,406 ✭✭✭arcadegame2004

I have no sympathy for him, or Lawlor, or Haughey, or Redmond. NONE!

Advertisement