Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Final year project

Options
  • 20-07-2004 9:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭

Hi there,

A friend of mine for his final year project in college is hoping to create an interactive elearning website. He is studying metal work so his knowledge of computers and programming is basic. The website will teach the principles of using AutoCad. I have suggest to him to try and imolement is using flash?? Is there a better way of doing this??? Is there too much of a learning curve for him?

Pls Help

Cheers

Comments

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,765 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

"A friend of mine"
    :D

Flash is good as the content can't be copied easily but he would spend a while developing this. IMO he is better off developing a static HTML site first and then develop it through Flash at a later stage.
    Anyway, why would a metalwork course accept an IT project - should he not be making a gate or something (not trying to sound ignorant)?

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭moochie

lol, i agree with ya there, think he is just tryin to be different... it's metalwork teaching so i suppose that makes all the difference.. it was me who was urging him to do it through flash as i thought it may be more suitable for interactivity?? Do you know anything about CAL packages?

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭dent

Guess e-learning might go down well in a metal work course. It has being done to death in Comp Sci course's ( Well mine anyway). My final year had about 10 people doing e-learning and I think the grades they got reflected it.

He is going to have to learn all about e-learning etc. As far as I know its not just about creating a web page. I could be wrong?

Get him to create a static website. If he has little I.T experience dynamic pages could be too time consuming for him.

Advertisement