Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

2FM Is your money competition

• 20-07-2004 10:30am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,585 ✭✭✭

Have u heard about this competition? What's the chances of someone winning? Basically they call out a 3 digit number every hour and if that number appears in the serial number of a Euro bank note you have in your possession (has to be in the same sequence as was called out on radio), you text in and can win €1000.

http://www.rte.ie/2fm/competitions/moneyon2fm_tandc.html

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

Anyone want to take bets on most of the winners coming from Foxrock etc?

The more cash you have on you, the more likely you are to win, essentially.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭Tivoli

it only enters you into a draw !, better off texting one of your mates, he/she might call over with beer - result

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

This is going to kinda go wrong,
    I work with central bank a lot, we can request demoninations of euros with speciific serial numbers.. so guess a certain ammount of us can cheat..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

Yeah but don't you have to text in within the hour so I don't think you could request them that fast.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

Could request it that fast, could have the note within the same day(depending what time they would ann ounce the note)
    How are they checking the notes? people have to send in the full serial or go into 2fm and show them the note?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,585 ✭✭✭HelterSkelter

Originally posted by Lenny
    Could request it that fast, could have the note within the same day(depending what time they would ann ounce the note)
    How are they checking the notes? people have to send in the full serial or go into 2fm and show them the note?

They announce a different number each hour. After each number is announced you only have one hour to text in. So you would have to request the specific serial numbers and receive them within the hour.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Originally posted by HelterSkelter
    They announce a different number each hour. After each number is announced you only have one hour to text in. So you would have to request the specific serial numbers and receive them within the hour.
    Why do you have to have the note within an hour? Do they come to your house an hour after you text them the number?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,647 ✭✭✭impr0v

Originally posted by CuLT
    Anyone want to take bets on most of the winners coming from Foxrock etc?

The more cash you have on you, the more likely you are to win, essentially.

but they don't touch the filthy notes which have been man-handled by the hoi polloi, they deal purely in plastic and marks and spencers vouchers.

Originally posted by eirebhoy
    Why do you have to have the note within an hour? Do they come to your house an hour after you text them the number?

Nope, you are not entered into the draw unless you text in within the hour. You produce the note in RTE at a later date.

HelterSkelter, I'll make it clearer.:) You could text in the serial number within the hour. If you win the draw or whatever you then have as long as you like to get the note with that serial number on it. I don't know if you have to work in central bank but thats pretty much what Lenny meant.

• Advertisement

HelterSkelter, I'll make it clearer.:) You could text in the serial number within the hour. If you win the draw or whatever you then have as long as you like to get the note with that serial number on it. I don't know if you have to work in central bank but thats pretty much what Lenny meant.

Hahaha, ok I get ya now. I don't concentrate too well when I'm listening to music and reading at the same time!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Mercury_Tilt

This post has been deleted.

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

Originally posted by impr0v
    but they don't touch the filthy notes which have been man-handled by the hoi polloi, they deal purely in plastic and marks and spencers vouchers.

point taken :) .

Did anyone actually ever get through to FM104 for their competition? I have been trying the past week, I got through at 9.15 this morning but it just rang out. Anyway, I (and everyone I told) am nearly certain I know the actual answer to the "tuck your blanks into your blanks". Its a well used phrase in another country.

BTW, do a google of "tuck your" + "into your". Have a look at the first result, "is this the new 'gry' question?".:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 427 ✭✭Dewey

Did anyone actually ever get through to FM104 for their competition

I can never get through. I try all the time but its always engaged.
    So eirebhoy, just a matter of interest..........what do you think it is??

I will understand if you dont want to post it but you can PM me if you want.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Tuck your testicles into your underpants?

All joking aside, what number do you have to ring? The main station number?

(given that I have another answer that fits and is used (and it doesn't involve bleedin socks, trousers or shirts) (or any of the dumb answers on the site))

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,269 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

I just assumed that one was either:

Tuck your pants into your socks.

Or

Tuck your shirt into your pants/shorts.

• Advertisement

Originally posted by Mercury_Tilt
    Ive been on twice.
    I've been trying in work every single time they tell you to ring but I can't get through. When you get through are you put straight on line or do you get told your line number, etc?

BTW, I heard two people on 5mins ago for their third time, I assume one was you?

I meant to say fuking "Belongings" but I forgot :(
    Someone just gave that answer and it was incorrect. Was that you again? I can't get through to the bloody station.

The answers are getting worse ("butter" ffs!). And I can't get through. Which is a pity, considering all the money I owe my nice friendly local bank.

So I've sent you an answer Mercie (giving that your dialling technique seems to be on the ball) and splitting the winnings sounds good. I'd rather have half of 24-odd grand than all of nothing.

I just heard you on for your 8th time.:eek: I think I'll PM you the phrase I know because I haven't a hope in hell of getting through.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,872 ✭✭✭segadreamcast

Someone should split this thread - not about 2fm anymore.

I'm stumped when it comes to the question.

BTW Merc, did you say 'yourselves'? Surely that would make the sentence 'Tuck your yourselves...', which'd mean you'd probably lose on a technicality (have heard stranger things in radioland).

but you can have half my non winnings anyways :)
    Cheers Merc, yer a gent:) How generous.

Advertisement