Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WANTED.. More Admins..

Options
  • 01-04-1999 9:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭

A wee triber called sh1thead proved the point last night..

Repeatly trashing the base, TK'ing etc.. about 15 votes were held for admin'ing or kicking all ending without a majority.

We need a couple more admins... I don't care who, the majority of the regulars have the maturity not to mess around.

Yippie thursday ... short week smile.gif

YuM

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭Dr_Teeth

This is happening, I'll keep yis posted.

Teeth.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,687 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

Grrrr I have work tommorow sad.gif

He p1ssed me offlast night, last thing I need after getting **** in work all day is some ****er stalking me online smile.gif He was abuseing me on line, I'm getting heat from some looser who logs on to a game and stands in a room in our base killing his own men....er *HELLO*

I'm sorry but out of the regulars on the server we HAVE to select admins, last night I tried everything to get rid of that guy - kick, admin chung ect

eventully I changed teams and he went on killing the lads....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 159 ✭✭Brit

Sadly, I didn't get to play any Tribes last night - which was a bummer. I got home, and immediately fell asleep (well, almost immediately) - it was one of 'those work days'...

I remember getting a mail from Teeth about this matter, but have not heard back - but I assume its all being taken care of smile.gif

--Brit--

• Registered Users Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭Hecate

i think its all 1 or 2 ppl who are doing this. Because whenever I've seen a TK'er on the IGN servers, they seem to know exactly what they're doing. For instance, they never bother shooting at u until they've gotten a Heavy, Mortar and a Shield. They always turn up in pairs. And they know what to destroy to **** you off. That lad last night, he spent the majority of his short time on the server trashing the Gen. Room and killing any team member that came near it. While some ppl who are new to the game do it accidently they usually stop after a while when their team members tell em what theyre doing wrong. But I'm increasingly seeing these little tossers who know exactly what they're doing, and know it pi55es you off bigtime.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

Admins would be good.... but there's a far simpler solution.

When one of the regulars votes to kick someone, you _know_ it's for a good reason. There were 2 TKers on last night, one who made a pain of himself on Scarabae, and our friend "sh1thead" on Snowblind. Jaguar repeatedly initiated votes to kick the TKer on Scarabae - and ye didn't vote.

Myself and Vagga repeatedly voted to kick the TKer on Snowblind - and ye didn't vote.

For christs sake, when a vote is being taken to kick someone, remember that an abstention is the next best thing to a NO vote. And when it's a regular, like me or Jag or Vagga, you can be sure that it's not being done out of begrudgery or anything.

So while we don't have admins all over the place, let's do some taking the law into our own hands, eh?

Mata ne!
    Rob

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭OSiriS

yup i was there last night and the little fu(ker was ****in us off for a few games. now what i wasnt to know is why were there 3 votes every time not to kick him, or was i readin that wrong.
    there were alot more than 3 regulars there but noe of yiz seemed to bother. Shinji has a damn good point there, if a regular initiates a kick vote it is for a very good reason, so the the right thing lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Ok first off...

GET THE ANTI-TK PATCH.

It allows you to play without these muppets lasting long in the game. It's quite cool and knows when it was an accident, and when you actually did it on purpose. You get a few warnings and then you get banned.

I'm sure some of you's don't like this, but the simple thing is your not supposed to kill your teammates smile.gif So it teaches those who like to mortor spam into an area where there are friendlies not to do it again.

Second. VOTE! Also when voting explain clearly why you are voting, and say it to the other team as well. If the other team votes to keep them, well then change to thier side. They will soon see the point of playing a game with no challange.

Third. Check the persons user info. You'll be surprised how many muppets put thier personal details in and then forget to change it when they go to annoy. Also I believe there is a way to get thier IP address as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 Cranky

The anti-TK patch works very well--I've seen it in use on several servers across the pond.

One thing that might limit its utility here, however, are those local mortar "experts" who frag their teammates with every third or fourth kill....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 207 ✭✭ChungKing

I always vote if one of the regulars initiates a vote to kick a player - whether that regular is on my team or not. If teeth, jaguar, whoever are suffering some @sshole, then they are really suffering as we've all experienced. VOTE VOTE VOTE.

maybe it would be a good idea to talk & inform all players you are about to init a vote so they dont miss the vote. I voted several times to kick sH*thead the other nite, but we were only successful a couple of times..

I'm also in favour of the anti-tk patch as I'm in favour of team damage. It'll keep us all on our toes smile.gif and those messy mortarers (like myself) will have to learn and play better ...

Advertisement