Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Glenn Danzig Gets Bitch Slapped!

Options
  • 20-07-2004 10:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭

http://www.metal-sludge.com/DanzigKO.htm
    "NORTH SIDE KINGS (web site) were to play with DANZIG last night in Tuba City, Arizona. To make a long story short the whole show was a disaster and a few bands got bumped off. Mr. Danzig (or his management??) refused to push back the original scheduled time slot so NORTH SIDE KINGS and RAPID FIRE would have to play 'after' his set. Whatever — we agreed to play later because we drove 6 hours and didn't feel like going home without playing.

"Needless to say, as soon as DANZIG was finished, the venue turned on the lights and DANZIG's crew and the staging company began to take the stage apart almost instantly. I confronted Mr. Danzig backstage while he was signing autographs and told him I thought he was an asshole because of his 'rock star' attitude and no consideration towards the FEW other bands that got bumped off tonight. In a fit of rage he turned around and slammed me into the wall yelling '**** you, mother****er,' trying to be a big, tough guy in front of his fans. I, in self-defense, punched him in the face, knocking him out as he was attacking me again. He went down, bleeding from his mouth, eyes rolled back, and in shock that he got knocked to the floor so quickly.

"A friend happened to tape the entire incident and this is all documented. Many witnesses saw him attack me, and I did what any man would do.

"It was unfortunate that this went the way it did — and I hoped Glenn Danzig learned a valuable lesson tonight: Do not lay your hands on anyone unless you can handle what may happen.

"I apologize for nothing, except for the poor little kids that had to witness this big asshole get his ass kicked in a matter of seconds..."

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 424 ✭✭the_obsolete

Holy crap! Fair dues to the guy, who else could say they knocked Glenn Danzig to the ground! Good thing he left the misfits a lo-ong time ago, or yer man who hit him'd probably have Jerry and Doyle to answer to...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭Ph3n0m

I saw the video clip of the punch and its really, really funny. Danzig had no reason to put his hands on the other guy, and especially giving such verbal abuse - the other guy was quite within his rights to smack him - and it was a deadly punch, totally caught him by suprise and dropped him straight on his ass

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭bombidol

actually danzig's been slapped a few times. the guitarist from Pearl Jam Punched him a few years ago at a festival

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭Ph3n0m

Originally posted by bombidol
    actually danzig's been slapped a few times. the guitarist from Pearl Jam Punched him a few years ago at a festival

so its traditional - good, we need to laugh atleast once a year :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭Tommy Vercetti

Originally posted by the_obsolete
    Fair dues to the guy, who else could say they knocked Glenn Danzig to the ground!

The mighty Joe Elliot, that's who! I'd pay money to see the one-armed-drummer dude have a go at Danzig though, that would be fantastic!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,499 ✭✭✭Shred

Haha, that's hilarious. Good enough for the prick:D

He is a prick yes, but he is also a legend

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,634 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

hes just a ****in prick to be honest, and he isnt even that great at his profession

• Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭Quatre Mains

mayordenis wrote:
    hes just a ****in prick to be honest, and he isnt even that great at his profession

while that may be so today, he has some classic stuff. Danzig were actually the 1st band I ever saw live, supporting Metallica in the Top Hat in 89. Irish metal fans being REALLY clever back then drowned them in spit for 40 mins but they still put a classic show together. I've said it before on this board that I've grown out of a lot of the music I listened to growing up, but Danzig 1-4 still all get regular airings, especially 3 and 4. Sure how could you not love giving it socks singing Evil Elvis style along to that in the car?

mayordenis wrote:

Are you joking, he was the front man for the misfits. Argueably the most influencial band of the last 25 years.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭Ameirgin

Glen Danzig has always had a huge ego, but he's still a class frontman. I love the first three solo albums, and his older stuff with th Misfits.

If he can't take it though, he really shouldn't dish it out.

Advertisement