Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Newsgoups ---heh?

• 20-07-2004 11:24am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭

I've started using Easynews.com a little but it still confuses the hell out of me. I can't really find what I'm looking for most of the time. I've tried looking for some N64 roms but when i go to the emulation section i get a list of files for each day and some sections have no files listed at all.

Is this the best newsgroup out there or am I just using it wrong?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭Moriarty

/me keeps a close eye of thread

Any warez talk gets it binned.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 803 ✭✭✭Shamo

I don't use Easynews i'm subscribed to Astraweb, but a good newsgroup reader is Grabit.

What I did at first is get the list of groups, then search for what you want like divx, emulators whatever and sort by number of headers. Just subscribe to the biggest ones and search through those.

Only subscribe to the alt.binaries groups if you didn't know :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

Originally posted by Shamo
    I don't use Easynews i'm subscribed to Astraweb, but a good newsgroup reader is Grabit.

What I did at first is get the list of groups, then search for what you want like divx, emulators whatever and sort by number of headers. Just subscribe to the biggest ones and search through those.

so astraweb and grabit are good? easynews seems ok, but not the best. the amount of p0rn on these newsgroups is scary, even simple searches seem to return p0rn results. boo!

why is that?
    sort by number of headers.

is a header a file?

TIA

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭Moriarty

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement