Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I know this is getting old and all, but...

Options
  • 01-04-1999 10:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭

honestly. IGN.ie used to be a great server. Only rarely were there more than 16 players on at a time (even with the 32 player limit)...but now..it's always packt to the top..filled with ppl i've never seen before screaming 'WE NEED TO DO SOME TEAMWORK', while at the same time going out for some glory kills. Needless to say..the result is anhilation. This was proven just to well today (eventhough I was only playing for 10 mins..it got too depressing) when Dr. Teeth and Brit just strolled into the enemy's base (mine at the time) and met with probably very little resistance. In the meantime Jade comes running in and takes the flag home. I think this happend about 3 times.

Their oposition were busy repairing turrets and sensors !!! 'Our Flag is mined' came from some muppet that was blown up seconds later (probably killed him/herself with that mine, too). I managed to set up an inventory station in the short time we did have power so we at least could have a little bit of defense with turrets...well..didn't work to well.

I wish these 'strangers' had never found IGN.ie and it were still as peaceful as when i found it two months or so ago.

This really sucks !

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭ButcherOfNog

simple solution, the ign community uses the new server that isn't in the master list and down the current one on the default port.

since the second tribes server went up the q2 war servers on the same box have been a tad laggy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭Hecate

a "tad"!!??, your'e the master of understatment Nog smile.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭SS 01 Ripper

i kno ! =P
    i read the post _AFTER_ i posted this one ... not to bright, eh ? anyways...i too would like to thank ign for the new server =)
    well..sorry to the Quake guys though for the lag...simple solution there..play tribes ;-) j/k.

anyways...
    how the hell do i join over an IP address (if i don't have gamespy with tribes support).
    oh..and ain't the one with tribes support for full versions (ie. not for poor *******s like me and others) only ?

anyways...see yas soon (hopefully)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭Dr_Teeth

Dammit, GameSpy is the tool of choice for the pro net gamer! Go pay for it you lousy cheap-ass person you! tongue.gif

Anyways, 2.08 is now shareware, and has been for over a month, and it supports Tribes.

And if you read the online guides, you'd know the syntax from the Tribes console is:

connect("IP:tribes.ign.ie:28002");

Teeth.

Advertisement