Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help

Options
  • 20-07-2004 11:50am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭

Hey,

I`m sure this is one of those annoying questions that most people hate answering.

basically i have a problem with my computer. Ever since yesterday afternoon, its been messed up. It seems certain words on every website that I go to have suddenly become links to this website: http://www.ntsearch.com/search.php?q=Computers&v=56

i have no idea how to solve this. Its really annoying because it is stopping me checking some email acounts and not allowing me to send from other email accounts.

I have no idea how i caused this. I ran a virus check but it came up clean. Basically i was wondering if anybody had any idea how to fix this? i am bowing down to somebody else's superior knowledge!

sorry if this is posted in the wrong section, its the only computer section on the site that i could get into without going to that bloody website.

PLEASE HELP!!!

Phelim

Comments

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,765 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

I assume it is some kind of spyware.
    Download Lavasoft (www.lavasoftusa.com), install it and make sure you have the latest update. Then run it.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

1) Get Ad-Aware, update it and run it.
    2) Get Spybot Search and Destroy, update it and run it
    3) Stop using IE

Advertisement