Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flamming

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 coughlanc

It is mad for us insiders to see the ref: getting longer and longer...aswell

Someone said T = Transexual but dont forget Transvestites (think thats right) would then not be included .. commonly known as cross dressers ..who are generally straight people who dress in the atire of their opposite gender thus the title Transgendered

As for 'per se' .. thanks .. have been spelling it in correctly for yonks..

I think there should be a new title for straight people ..

SHNNI .. perhaps.. Swingers, Hedonists, Naturists, Naturalists, Incestuous people ..lol I know I know you could hay gay to all the above..lol

Sure incestuous .. is spelt wrong...lol mm pro hedonists

• Registered Users Posts: 78,411 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Originally posted by coughlanc
    Naturalists
    Is wildlife spotting a sexual activity... DANG!

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

Originally posted by Victor
    Is wildlife spotting a sexual activity... DANG!

Depends on how "wild" you are tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

Originally posted by jesus_thats_gre
    Harmless Flaming and Throlling should be ok.. Harmless?? Something not too offensive but sorta touches on a nerve., jokingly of course :)

Do you mean something along the lines of Asus Make crap pc.s.;)

Not that I have ever done so I think Flaming and Trolling are present on every Bulletin Board and are actually part of the attraction .

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Originally posted by The Muppet
    Do you mean something along the lines of Asus Make crap pc.s.;)

Not that I have ever done so I think Flaming and Trolling are present on every Bulletin Board and are actually part of the attraction .

ya muppet

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

well its offical flaming is worthwhile i hope you are happy with the result coughlanc

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

Damn homosexuals, why does everything have to be flaming with you guys??

</flame>

• Registered Users Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

Originally posted by jesus_thats_gre
    ya muppet

Jesus thats great that is , I ask a civil question and all I get in reply is a mouthful of personal abuse. Typical

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Flaming makes boards worth reading.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

Originally posted by Kold
    Flaming makes boards worth reading.

agreed but for some reason it seems to be more entertaining on boards.ie than on any other website.

where else would a request to change a username get 173 responses

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭UnrealQueen

Originally posted by mr_angry
    Yeah. Flaming is an issue for the moderators of the board in quesion to deal with.

Yeah if only they actually would.

Originally posted by DRakE
    Wouldn't it get very boring without flaming?

Littletinyman, richindub2 and Sangre are already gone for it :(

Pity you aren't as well. I don't see how you are allowed get away with it and others aren't.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

One wonders why you still post to boards UnrealQueen, what with moderators letting flaming happen and the like of DrAke running rampant all over boards.

Or you just might be in a bad mood and have decided to flame people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

can body expalin to me the difference between flaming and expressing a genuinely held opinion which is at variance with that held by the majority?

BTW Since LGBTQW are all taken is there any letters left for the rest of us, or am I the last one left who doesn't fit one of your neat little lettered pigeon holes?

Originally posted by amp
    Or you just might be in a bad mood and have decided to flame people.

Im not flaming anyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,839 ✭✭✭Hobart

Originally posted by Hagar
    can body expalin to me the difference between flaming and expressin BLAH BLAH BLAH................................More Blah.......n holes?
    Can you try to construct a post in a readable manner and then somebody might respond to you.

Originally posted by Hagar
    can body expalin to me the difference between flaming and expressing a genuinely held opinion which is at variance with that held by the majority?

I don't see what's so hard to understand about that Hobart. I definitely don't see any "blaa"s there.

Ok, so I mis-typed "explain". I'm sure most people would have guessed the word. We all make typing errors from time to time.

If you don't mind me saying so, that was a pretty poor response from a mod.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,839 ✭✭✭Hobart

Hagar, that was a flame. Oh and URQ, its Blah.

Originally posted by UnrealQueen
    Im not flaming anyone.

I'd consider calling for a user to get banned a flame. It's not a particularly good flame, sure, but it's one nonetheless.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭Moriarty

This is one of those 'Do what I say, not what I do' things amp. Or perhaps it's just a simple case of attentionwhoreitus (again).

• Registered Users Posts: 8,969 ✭✭✭Big Ears

Originally posted by Moriarty
    This is one of those 'Do what I say, not what I do' things amp. Or perhaps it's just a simple case of attentionwhoreitus (again).

Hypocrisy is the word you're looking for to shortten that first sentence .

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Im not flaming anyone.

Perhaps you were flamming?

I have reread that post amp and i still don't see where i say "ban that poster".

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

UnrealQueen I'm going to be so honest it'll make me feel bad but some of the things that come out of your mouth are so gut wrenchingly retarded that I just have to go out and drop a 50quid donation into COPE. You may not realise it but it's true. Basically you're fresh meat walking into a lion's den and maybe you should wise up rather than whine.

Originally posted by UnrealQueen
    I have reread that post amp and i still don't see where i say "ban that poster".

Pity you aren't as well.

In the context of your quote the above implies you are calling for DrAke to be banned as that was the fate of those he mentioned. This led to my intereption that you wished DrAke ill harm and that, dear fellow is the very heart of flamming. I mean flaming. STFU.

Kold, why don't u run back to your mother. Im entitled to my opinion here with you attacking me and i'll damn well give it to. Your one of the biggest ****'s i have ever come across so don't tell me i sound retarded. Thats a case of the pot calling the kettle black.

Flaming, like the poor, will always be with us.
    I think we should have a special smiley for flaming, help people get into the spirit of it.
    If people want to take a swipe at others, within reasonable bounds, I think it should be allowed.
    Surely its all part of the cut and thrust of everyday life.
    Why should the boards be any different?

• Registered Users Posts: 78,411 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Hagar wrote:
    I think we should have a special smiley for flaming,
    Oh, get a life WW)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭ykt0di9url7bc3

flamming gets me up in the morning ;)

Advertisement