Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[EM] Tactics and strategies

Options
  • 06-04-1999 1:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭

I think that one thing we're loosing sight of hereis the fact that this isn't a purely [EM] message board. Just think of all the ppl hangin in the wings, reading all of our neat little tricks, only to use then against us. You don't see the SS lads contributing much to our tactical discussions. I think that it is high time we got our selves a webpage, and a private team-only message board, so at least then our plans might be surprise to the opposition smile.gif

[EM]OSiriS

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,687 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

this hombre, he speaks the truth smile.gif
    [em] vagga

ps: I take back everything I ever said here. Im a spoofing ****. I have never doen anything remotely clever in my entire life.

/me looks, and indeed stares at brit for private web space for a bog simple discussion site smile.gif

/me bangs my head against the wall realising brit is only going to ask me to do it as I am the UK and Ireland guy *shazbot*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 207 ✭✭ChungKing

In a way you are right, but most of this stuff is standard tactics you can get from brit's page or many other tribes pages - some of our opponents will read the tactics (whether ours or from a website) and remember - maybe even practice them - many wont.

Good point, though - I guess it would be a good idea to be a bit more vague on some of the particulars (like vagga's nasty vehicle tricks)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭Dr_Teeth

I'll get a mailing list sorted just as soon as all the EMers mail me with their preferred addresses. Get typing people!

The main issue currently is finding out which roles people are most happy with, I'm thinking of dividing the Tribe into small squads to be given specific tactics to practice for now.

Ie: a group dedicated to flag grabbing, one for inner defense, one for outer defense/dueling/sniping, one for attack/sabotage etc.

The idea is that we keep swapping the groups responsibilities around and sharing experience - I'd like to get us all up to the same level on most things.

Teeth.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Yep I agree with idea of having squads. As I said before my "preferred roles" are defense and sabotage. Yep done that Vagga trick as well.

Also while we're talking about vehicles can people who take/use scouts destroy them when they are finished with them, the amount of times on scarabee that I've gone for a scout to do my "generator destruction" run and they're all gone. I get eventually to the enemy base and there are the scouts sitting ontop of their base, gggrrrrrrrr.

Gandalf "Demolition Man" smile.gif

Hehe, you'll find doing any 'Demo'ing on Scarabae with tight defense is pretty futile, unless you have 2-3 heavies along to do it.
    One light w/ shield just doesn't cut it anymore, sadly. I still love the odd time I can enter to top door of Broadside and exit the bottom door w/ flag after destroying EVERYTHING and killing half a dozen people with shield/plasma. It doesn't happen often now though. Damn heavies..

Teeth.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Hmmmm Teeth u'd be surprised the amount of times that a light will get into the gen room. Mines and turrets can be taken out quite easily. A Heavy is a pain in the ass but a majority of people u play against do not post some1 in there.

What I'd luv to see on that base is a demolition squad with heavies and light's and put a inv station in there an defend their gen room smile.gif If we can get squads going I'm sure we could do it.

Gandalf.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,687 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

Kewl I have a tactic named after me

"you've been vaggabonded"

Can't remember where I picked it up, During it though it was funny I really wanted to ask how many vehicles does the thingy give out, for all I knew it gave out 100 LPC's - and all of a sudden from my having chung camped in my flag room he was gone and never seen again (he should change his name to Kieser So-se smile.gif)

I am all-round defence. I like teeths idea though of doing a bit of everything. I love sniping, my problem is that I shoot too often and give my position away....

BTW I wish you all read brit's mine 101 www.planet-tribes.com It is REALLY p1ssing me off - ppl throwing mines around the flag room and base in general putting them in, as I see it, silly places. Unplanned mined results in TKing.

Chung, I'm afraid no one studys tribes as you seem to. Your the 'Statto' cum Andy Gray of the tribes world smile.gif. "roll it back there.....", "We not a good tribe, were a truely great tribe..." me, I would hate to be your employer (unless its the Tribes Development Dept of Dynamix that is smile.gif)you have far too much free time smile.gif in fact you seem to have more free time than me, funk that.

[em]vagga

Are you talking about stealing aircraft? If so, you probably picked up from any game I play - cos I keep screaming at people not to blow up the enemy vehicles, but instead fly them off the map. Each team gets 3 scouts, 2 lpcs, and 1 hpc for the entire game. Hide these and they have no airforce, and won't have one until they send people off the map to go find where you hidden them (1 at a time over a vast disparate area hopefully) and destroy them.

According to Brit, this isn't cricket. But I hate cricket, so it works for me. smile.gif And you can count on any self-respecting Tribe doing the same thing to us..

Teeth.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Well placed cameras with turrets make an evil combination.

Also someone who's on base defense should monitor the status of all base defenses via the PDA to determine what is currently under attack. Example, if you see a turret just go down, or camera die there is a good chance someone is there even if it didn't detect them.

Monitor the status of Turrets anyway, as a cool trick is shoot them so they are inactive, but not blown up so they look ok from a distance, and you get people going "WTF!" when they see the nme bopping by them.

The more people that do that to me while I'm on D, the happier I'll be. smile.gif

Teeth.

• Advertisement
Advertisement