Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Euro FFXI Launch

Options
  • 20-07-2004 1:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭

http://www.playonline.com/ff11eu/index.shtml

Launching here in mid-september, which is about the time that the Chains of Promethia Expansion is released in the US, so I'm guessing that CoP will be packaged with the game, much like the first Expansion Pack (Rise of the Zilart) is packaged with the US release.

From the site it looks as if the PS2 and the PC versions will be launched over here as well.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭String

WOW thats good news... bout time

• Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭moridin

Yup, about time is right. Though perhaps Square Enix are doing it to keep all ends of the players spectrum balanced out... a lot of the high level players at the moment are Japanese, while the North Americans are creeping up there in terms of numbers. There aren't that many Europeans playing it at the moment from what I can see (well, not on the server I play on) :D

The PS2 launch in the states saw a wave of idiots start playing the game, and I'm sure the same thing will happen with the EU release... heh, I'm just glad I don't need to do any low level stuff anymore for a while ;)

Oh, incidently, while the game is 2 years old in Japan it won a host of awards this year and is well worth a look.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭ArthurG

Feck, with WoW and EQII, its going be tough to make a decision, although my love of the FF series makes me lean towards this.....

Busy few winter months ahead......

Advertisement