Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Getting published

• 20-07-2004 1:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭

Hope this is the right board.

I am applying for a Journalism course next year and it is a lot easier to get in if you have had some work published. I have written a few reviews of shows on this week in the Galway Arts Festival.

Would anyone have any suggestions of who I should submit my material to? For example, maybe a paper or an established review web site? I have sent my stuff off to the Advertiser here but I don't hold much hope of them getting back to me.

Even if they wouldn't publish it, to be able to get some feedback would be great.

Any advice is appreciated.

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

I would suggest www.clubdublin.com, but from the name alone, you can figure its Dublin only stuff (but give it a try anyway), the site also hasnt been updated in ages, so I assume its fallen on its ear.

Advice given to me by course teachers is to just keep writing reviews/articles/whatever, and send them onto any suitable publication/site, big or small, even if the work is outdated or they already have a review for the event, it will help them to recognise your name in future, and if they see a quality in your work, they may ask you to do something for them..

flogen

Advertisement