Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

McAteer Targets Anfield job within two years

• 20-07-2004 1:25pm
    Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I think "our" Jason is smoking the BIG smokes again.

Former Liverpool star Jason McAteer might have only just agreed to join Tranmere but the Republic of Ireland international has already set his sights on taking over as Liverpool boss in 2006!
    McAteer, a boyhood Kopite, returned to Merseyside yesterday when he signed a two-year contract with Tranmere and immediately joked that he could be the perfect man to take over from Rafael Benitez if the new Liverpool boss ever decides he's missing the sun.

"There were too many pluses to not do this," claimed McAteer of his move from Sunderland to Tranmere. "Another one was that Bryan's took them from a low position in the league to favourites with the bookies for promotion."

When the midfielder joined Liverpool from Bolton in 1995 he became the club's second highest ever signing and after revealing he will work towards his coaching badges during his time at Tranmere, he joked that he could be set to take over from Benitez when he's gained his qualifications.

"The timing might be right, Benitez might want to go home to the sun. I'll get my badges and I might end up Liverpool manager in two years time!"

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/drilldown/N145412040720-0907.htm

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭eyerer

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭p.pete

Shearer to replace Robson - probably
    Keane to replace Quiroz (following Quiroz replacing Sir Al) - maybe
    McAteer replacing Benitez - why the hell not:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Lads, he's obviously taking the p1ss!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭LizardKing

I think McAteer is taking the pi$$ ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Originally posted by Dub13
    I think "our" Jason is smoking the BIG smokes again.
    The word "joke" was mentioned in the article a couple of times.:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭p.pete

Originally posted by eirebhoy
    The word "joke" was mentioned in the article a couple of times.:rolleyes:
    Are you suggesting this gets moved to the humour section?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Originally posted by p.pete
    Are you suggesting this gets moved to the humour section?
    I don't actually think it deserves a thread TBH as its obviously a piss take. I replied because dub 13 obviously thinks McAteer was being serious when he said what he did. If a thread got opened for every second sarcastic comment I don't think boards.ie would last listening to the things Mourinho has been saying.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Originally posted by p.pete

McAteer replacing Benitez - why the hell not:D

1:)Because the man is only a few iq points above being legally retarded and 2:) hes not very good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭the fnj

So who is this Jason McAteer fellow anyway?

Originally posted by the fnj
    So who is this Jason McAteer fellow anyway?

Exactly

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

McAteer once showed up in training with a flash new car, and proceeded to lock the keys inside on the first day driving it to training. One of the YTS lads offered to help out, and told McAteer to go to the dressing room and get a hanger. What does he come out with?

images?q=tbn:DHvx0UPfM5gJ:www.hotelsupplies-online.com/31070.jpg

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

Originally posted by eirebhoy
    . I replied because dub 13 obviously thinks McAteer was being serious when he said what he did.

Of course I new it was a piss take does my first line in the post not give that away "I think "our" Jason is smoking the BIG smokes again."......

I think its funny thats why I opened a new thread on it

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭NightStrike

Still he couldn't do much worse than some of the recent Liverpool managers :D

Originally posted by NightStrike
    Still he couldn't do much worse than some of the recent Liverpool managers :D

I wouldnt put money on that, a bit of European football could easily become none.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭StickyMcGinty

Originally posted by Dub13

"The timing might be right, Benitez might want to go home to the sun. I'll get my badges and I might end up Liverpool manager in two years time!"

]

AH trigger, you are indeed, a knobend!!

i heard his interview on SSN, anyone else hear all the stupid stories about McAteer making a fool out of himself?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭Davey Devil

Hey enough slagging Jason, I still think he's a legend. So he's not as clever as you nerds, I'm sure he cares with all the money in his bank account.

He got us into World Cup 2002 with 2 great goals in each of the matches against Holland, you can't take that away from him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭LizardKing

Here Here ... I concur ... :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭StickyMcGinty

nonoe said he wasnt a good footballer... hes a very good player im my opinion, a great signing for Tranmere.

but my god, isnt he a gob****e!

Advertisement