Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

tattooing a scar

Options
  • 20-07-2004 1:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I'm wondering if anyone has ever had a scar tattooed or heard if tattooing scar tissue is possible.

I have a neat, thin, straight scar from my belly button to my side (childhood operation) and thought it would be cool to decorate it in some way.

I'm thinking of getting a zip tattooed or my favourite:

>8 cut here

My immediate thoughts are that it is not possible or at least it would be hard to find an artist willing to do it.

Any Ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

You can do it but the scar will still be highlighted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭karlh

so the ink will end up a different colour on the scar or it wont take to scar tissue?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,666 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Usually a tattoo on a scar looks kind of "shiny".Ive a burn on my upper arm that I got tattooed to try and cover it.It covered it ok but the tattoo on the scar itself looks shiny.
    Richie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 975 ✭✭✭j0e9o

m8 ure forget a vital rule of life chicks dig scars :D

i hear ya! :D

i just say it was from a lion in the zoo, jumped into the enclosure to save a cute, deaf, blind, underprivalaged boy......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭coldenmean

Originally posted by j0e9o
    m8 ure forget a vital rule of life chicks dig scars :D
    hes right.... i certainly do anyway :cool: ... wanna meet shark attack victim now....:p

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

My sister had a huge scar running vertically down her stomach. She got a tattoo over it and you wouldn't even know there was a scar there. Perhaps she'd still notice it slightly, but imo it totally covered it.

nice one, thanks all.

my scar is really thin but very long so i think even a tattoo right close beside it would look cool too.

thinking the final design is:

>8 cut here

whatcha all think?

i could start a poll i suppose (joke), either this is a zip which i think would lok really cool too...

Advertisement