Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

.ASP & UTVInternet

Options
  • 20-07-2004 2:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 25

Does anyone know if UTVInternet supports .asp OR .cgi scripts. I cannot find any info on their site. If you do know can you tell me how to implemnt a script/page ie. path(s) etc..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Diddy Kong

most hosting companies support .asp and cgi, drop them a mail, if your too lazy to do that, just upload to your webspace and test it...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 tonysoprano

I had already tried to upload one anyway. Certainly not lazy.

I did the typical hello world thingy and I got this in my webbrowser.

Response.Write("Hello World")

Maybe I am missing something from the header of the .asp?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 tonysoprano

I had already tried to upload one anyway. Certainly not lazy.

I did the typical hello world thingy and I got this in my webbrowser.

Response.Write("Hello World")

Maybe I am missing something from the header of the .asp?

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,765 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

@ dbfarrell - Most servers don't support ASP as it runs on windows and is therefore more expensive than *nix hosting which usually has php &/or cgi.

Anyway, UTV do support ASP and not CGI. http://www.u.tv/internet/services/hosting.asp

Just double checking did you put the Response.write("hello World") in side <% and %> ?

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Diddy Kong

sorry, my bad, been one of those long days

• Advertisement
Advertisement